Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 08-09-2015, 06:21 AM   #16
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Gently Heartbroken doesn't exist outside of this eBook listing. So how can this be a newly published eBook when the book doesn't exist?
It's the book that was originally published with the title "Gabrielle's Way". The publisher has changed a number of titles for these re-releases.

Quote:
Also, I'd like to know why all of the George Gently books are not available as eBooks. That's just asinine (IMHO).
The publisher (Constable and Robinson) is doing a good job with the eBook conversions and has so far released 25 books in the series. Better to do it right and slowly, than fast and poorly.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 11:40 PM   #17
ngrant
Gadget Lover
ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2, Mobiscribe Origin, Fire HD tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
These are all available on Amazon UK. I see, for example, that I bought "Gently to a Sleep" on 27th June. The "2034" release date for the other two is the same at Amazon, so it's the publisher who's set it.
Thanks for that info, HarryT - I am now seeing the pre-orders on Amazon UK as well. The UK store seems temperamental in what it shows me as available, perhaps checking and finding that my IP address is in the USA. Sometimes I can buy UK Kindle books (using my UK account) and at other times I am told it's not available in my region...

Not complaining about slow releases of the ebook versions, I am glad to get any at all! And 25 is a gratifying number of Gently ebooks - I have them all and will re-read while waiting for new releases.
ngrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 02:01 AM   #18
PhineasP
PhineasP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PhineasP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PhineasP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PhineasP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PhineasP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PhineasP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PhineasP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PhineasP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PhineasP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PhineasP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PhineasP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
It's the book that was originally published with the title "Gabrielle's Way". The publisher has changed a number of titles for these re-releases.

The publisher (Constable and Robinson) is doing a good job with the eBook conversions and has so far released 25 books in the series. Better to do it right and slowly, than fast and poorly.
One release last year and one so far this year is a bit frustrating though, considering the main work is done -- the text already exists. There's a risk of losing some momentum and therefore some readers. I'd just about given up on reading any more Gentlys when I happened on Gently to a Sleep a week or so ago.
PhineasP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 07:30 AM   #19
mmurray
mmurray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmurray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmurray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmurray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmurray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmurray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmurray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmurray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmurray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmurray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmurray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (10th generation)
Strange. Constable and Robinson have Gently Between Tides ebook released on 19th March 2015 ?

http://www.constablerobinson.co.uk/?...45_&tab=author
mmurray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 04:44 AM   #20
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

There's now a confirmed release date of 2nd June 2016 for the next two ebooks: "Gently Heartbroken" and "Gently Between Tides", which I pre-ordered in August last year.

Last edited by HarryT; 04-07-2016 at 04:56 AM.
Old 04-07-2016, 05:36 AM   #21
timebug
Ancient Sage
timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Reader
I recently read the first 24 books and was pleased to
find that they bore no resemblance to the (IMO) poor
TV series! No Sgt Bacchus, and NOT set in the north
east. Wonderful stories, a sort of English Maigret was
how they struck me!
timebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 05:52 AM   #22
mmurray
mmurray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmurray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmurray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmurray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmurray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmurray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmurray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmurray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmurray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmurray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmurray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
There's now a confirmed release date of 2nd June 2016 for the next two ebooks: "Gently Heartbroken" and "Gently Between Tides", which I pre-ordered in August last year.
Last week I got an email from Amazon revising that to 30th June.

Michael
Old 04-11-2016, 04:12 PM   #23
tracyeo
Connoisseur
tracyeo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracyeo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracyeo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracyeo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracyeo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracyeo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracyeo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracyeo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracyeo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracyeo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracyeo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505;PRS-600;Sony PRS-350;Kobo Mini;Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
I should have been clearer in my post . As you rightly say, some TV adaptations work, some don't. "Morse" worked outstandingly well; "Inspector Lynley" very poorly, to my mind. I think the "George Gently" TV series works extremely well; I just wanted to warn people that (other than the name of the main character) it has virtually no connection with the books, unlike, say, "Morse", where the TV adaptation is pretty faithful to the books.
Agree. I doubt that they got any new readers from the "Lynley" series.
tracyeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 06:04 PM   #24
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I've read the first three George gently books and I have the 4th on my H2O ready to go. I'll be reading it after I finish Red Mars for the book club.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 08:09 AM   #25
mmurray

So heading for 11 months since the last Kindle release of a Gently. I wonder what the problem is ? I could have typed the rest of them in by now.
Old 05-20-2017, 09:28 AM   #26
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmurray View Post
So heading for 11 months since the last Kindle release of a Gently. I wonder what the problem is ? I could have typed the rest of them in by now.
I've found Constable and Robinson (the publisher) responsive to emails. Have you asked them?
Old 05-20-2017, 09:56 AM   #27
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
Maybe mmurray wants you to do it and then give him the answer.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 08:34 PM   #28
mmurray

Quote:
I've found Constable and Robinson (the publisher) responsive to emails. Have you asked them?
Good thought. I've just sent them an email.
Old 06-03-2017, 07:39 AM   #29
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmurray View Post
Good thought. I've just sent them an email.
Did you receive a reply to your email?
Old 06-03-2017, 07:42 AM   #30
mmurray

Quote:
Did you receive a reply to your email?
Hi, No nothing yet. There is a non-zero chance it went into my junk mail I guess but I keep an eye on that.

Michael