Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-20-2017, 06:27 PM   #2386
penguintri
Enthusiast
penguintri began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Does the book actually have a cover in the document itself?
Or is this an Amazon purchase where the "cover" is a separate file?
Mine were all Amazon purchases. I'm also running 0.24N r13390.
penguintri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 06:51 PM   #2387
jwilker
Connoisseur
jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Libra H2O
Direct amazon purchases for mine as well
jwilker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-20-2017, 07:02 PM   #2388
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
So does it have a separate or an embedded cover?
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 08:11 PM   #2389
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
So does it have a separate or an embedded cover?
Sorry, I can't be of any help with this problem.
Old 01-21-2017, 02:43 PM   #2390
jwilker
Connoisseur
jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Libra H2O
Hopefully NiLuJe has a chance some time soon to take a look.
jwilker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-06-2017, 06:31 AM   #2391
pimptee
pimptee began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW3
I have both a autoreboot auto and reboot file in my linkss folder (tried it with enabling one at a time), but I don't see my Kindle PW3 (5.8.7) reboot after I unplug it from USB.

Any idea what I am doing wrong?
pimptee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 08:26 AM   #2392
knc1
Going Viral

Yes, it is obvious from your description:
Not reading the directions.
Old 02-06-2017, 08:30 AM   #2393
pimptee

Quote:
Yes, it is obvious from your description:
Not reading the directions.
Thank you for pointing out the obvious.
Do you mind telling me what I am not seeing, and put me out of my misery?

This is what confuses me in paticular:

Quote:
The autoreboot feature is probably useless to you in these two modes, so you should also delete the autoreboot file in the linkss folder if you still have autoreboot enabled.
Quote:
To use the autoreboot feature: Once it's enabled & active, just drop a blank file named reboot in the linkss folder (by copying and renaming the already existing "autoreboot" blank file, for example), and your Kindle will do a quick reboot 10s after you've unplugged it (there's minimal visual feedback during that time, just wait until your list of books reappear)!
When I installed the package there was already a file called "auto", which is not mentioned at all in the directions.

EDIT: IT WORKS NOW:
What worked for me now was enabling "Enable autoreboot feature (Legacy Def.) from KUAL -> Screen Savers and renaming the file "auto" under my Kindle/linkss folder into reboot.

Last edited by pimptee; 02-06-2017 at 08:36 AM. Reason: it works
Old 02-06-2017, 08:53 AM   #2394
knc1
Going Viral

Use the first post, section titled: Notes and Troubleshooting.

The basic oversight:
You need to get everything working using the default settings as shipped before trying to make the options work.

This reads as if this add-in had been previously installed.
Is this a used Kindle?
Has someone else had access to it?
Old 02-06-2017, 08:54 AM   #2395
pimptee

No, this is a brand new kindle and the first time I installed the plugin. But its working now.
Old 02-06-2017, 09:24 AM   #2396
crazyV
crazyV began at the beginning.

Device: PW3
Post Wallpapers not shown, wrong resolution, image type?

I know, basically it should work,
i have a jailbreaked kindle pw3 -> installed everything, and the default: "you have the wallpapers hack" wallpaper was schon.

then i added some 800x600 wallpapers, but they were too small, but shown, just centered on the screen.

i googled a bit and found out that the correct solution for my device should be:
pw3 = 1072 x 1448

but those images aren't shown.

any ideas when this can happen, or whats the reason for that.
after the display goes to sleep (or it turn it off) it flickers for a short moment, and the just shows the last screen in standby.

:

i searched a lot but didnt found similar issues, what exactly does grey-scaled png means, and specifics, and details. i read it even support colors, so possibly that's not the reason.

any help or ideas appreaciated.
thanks a lot girls && guys
crazyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 10:22 AM   #2397
knc1
Going Viral

You should have KUAL installed, it is part of the jail break instructions.

When you install the screensaver add-in, it added control buttons to the KUAL menu system.

(I don't use this, so I don't have the directions memorized.)

There should be a README.txt file in the package.
Either that or the first post of this thread should give directions for correcting image files.
There should be a directory (?staging?) and a KUAL menu button to correct the image files in that directory.

The Kindle's image display system can be very picky about what it displays.
The ss add-in scripting for that image fix-up button will use the included build of image magick to make the image files useful on the machine model it is running on.

I don't use this add-in, so you will have to dig out the directions yourself.
Old 02-07-2017, 04:37 AM   #2398
crazyV
crazyV began at the beginning.

Device: PW3
f*** really some new python version helped. thanks!
Did with Kindle Version 5.4.*
managed to see the wallpapers perfectly.

checked everything today, updated to latest: 5.8.7 and also logged in my account.
and the unsubscribed the advertisement service.

reinstalled all plugins (they were there but to be sure),
read the complete README file.

now see the amazon stock wallpapers.
*checked the images on the storage, they are there and "correct", were shown on 5.4.
*deleted them, restarted, copied them again and restarted, didnt change anything
*disbaled, enabled the setting for the wallpaper hack, still nowthing shown.

i got now cool amazon wallpapers, and they're not too bad, but i would really like to see my own custom ones, so -> any ideas on that?

Last edited by crazyV; 02-07-2017 at 05:51 AM. Reason: another problem ;)
crazyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 06:35 AM   #2399
knc1
Going Viral

But the system is not the same.
It uses software to display the images and you made a major leap from 5.4.x to 5.8.x firmware.

Use the 'fix images' feature of the SS add-in, don't think that just because old firmware could read the images that all firmware will always be able to read the images.
That 'fix images' feature was added for a reason, use it.
Old 02-15-2017, 10:22 PM   #2400
saluli
Connoisseur
saluli began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3,
Unhappy

Everything was working perfectly, but this morning my kindle updated itself to 5.8.7.0.1 (3115940037) and the hack stopped working. Sometimes if I relaunch everything trough KUAL, the cover appears. But after a little while, or when I change books, it comes back to de default kindle images.
saluli is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle touch hacks, paperwhite, python, screensavers, touch