Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-15-2017, 05:40 PM   #91
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by rguion View Post
Has there ever been a situation like this before, where the Amazon produced cover for the Kindle had such shortages and delays?
These aren't "shortages and delays", but a faulty product being withdrawn from sale. Yes, Amazon have withdrawn faulty products before.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-15-2017, 06:41 PM   #92
Shinytop
Connoisseur
Shinytop never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Shinytop never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Shinytop never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Shinytop never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Shinytop never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Shinytop never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Shinytop never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Shinytop never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Shinytop never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Shinytop never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Shinytop never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Device: Kindle Oasis
I got the boiler plate response saying I could return the covers I had order and then order them at the new price. The reply had a link where you could request a call. For some reason it would not take all the digits of a ten digit number. There was also a link to send another email. I told them what had happened and that it would be easier for them and me if they would just give me a $30 credit for the two covers. I got an answer that said that was not policy but that they would make an exception since I was a long time customer who made many purchases. On my orders page it usually shows 50 in the last six months, so ya, I guess I do make a lot of purchases.
Shinytop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 06:55 PM   #93
jscris
Addict
jscris has top level security clearance to Area 51.jscris has top level security clearance to Area 51.jscris has top level security clearance to Area 51.jscris has top level security clearance to Area 51.jscris has top level security clearance to Area 51.jscris has top level security clearance to Area 51.jscris has top level security clearance to Area 51.jscris has top level security clearance to Area 51.jscris has top level security clearance to Area 51.jscris has top level security clearance to Area 51.jscris has top level security clearance to Area 51.

Device: k1 - KAO2, ipads, h2o, KA1, inkBOOK, Boyue
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSWallack View Post
While the covers are "unavailable" at Amazon, I was able to order one from Best Buy (and received it in 2 days).
How are the magnets? Do they hold well?
jscris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 02:59 AM   #94
Lady Stardust
User
Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Iphone, Kindle 3, PW1/2/3, Oasis1/2, Aura HD/One
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
These aren't "shortages and delays", but a faulty product being withdrawn from sale. Yes, Amazon have withdrawn faulty products before.
Why do you think they are withdrawn if both leather and fabric are available in Japan?
Lady Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 03:02 AM   #95
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Stardust View Post
Why do you think they are withdrawn if both leather and fabric are available in Japan?
Amazon Japan have always operated as a separate business to the rest of Amazon's worldwide operation. You'd need to ask them why they have not withdrawn the covers when they've been withdrawn in other countries.
Advert
Old 11-16-2017, 03:33 AM   #96
Lady Stardust
User
Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Amazon Japan have always operated as a separate business to the rest of Amazon's worldwide operation. You'd need to ask them why they have not withdrawn the covers when they've been withdrawn in other countries.
Maybe then it would mean that Amazon.com and Amazon.co.uk are worldwide operation.
I can see both leather and fabric covers available on Amazon India as well.
Old 11-16-2017, 03:46 AM   #97
Julian1984
Enthusiast
Julian1984 began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Stardust View Post
Amazon Kindle Oasis (Newモデル)用ファブリックカバー チャーコール
by Amazon
¥5,280.¥5,280Prime
Usually ships in 1 to 2 months

1-2 months is the same availability than amazon.com
In amazon.co.uk/.de/.es/... (europe) there's no availability at all.
Julian1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 04:19 AM   #98
Lady Stardust
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian1984 View Post
Amazon Kindle Oasis (Newモデル)用ファブリックカバー チャーコール
by Amazon
¥5,280.¥5,280Prime
Usually ships in 1 to 2 months

1-2 months is the same availability than amazon.com
In amazon.co.uk/.de/.es/... (europe) there's no availability at all.
No, that's charcoal. White (Sand Stone) is in stock and with Prime I could get it tomorrow. Blue will be in stock on 25 November. All three can be ordered.
As for leather covers, with Prime, I could get Midnight or Saddle Tan tomorrow. Merlot is 1 to 2 months.
Old 11-16-2017, 05:28 AM   #99
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 1,2,3, Kindle DX, Onyx M96, Onyx i86 Plus, Onyx Boox Max
Quote:
Originally Posted by jscris View Post
How are the magnets? Do they hold well?
No they don't.
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 05:30 AM   #100
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 1,2,3, Kindle DX, Onyx M96, Onyx i86 Plus, Onyx Boox Max
I have ordered two different clones from eBay. Price was between 6 and 10 Euro.

I could tell you more after I got them.
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 06:49 AM   #101
jkingrph
jkingrph began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle fire
Quote:
It would do. The lower price is applied at the time it ships, as I said .
If you ordered and later they decided to raise the price would they apply the higher price at time of shipping? Seems like that might be breech of contract!
jkingrph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 06:52 AM   #102
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkingrph View Post
If you ordered and later they decided to raise the price would they apply the higher price at time of shipping? Seems like that might be breech of contract!
No, in that case the price at the time of ordering holds. It only changes if the price falls.
Old 11-16-2017, 06:55 AM   #103
zooby
zooby will become famous soon enoughzooby will become famous soon enoughzooby will become famous soon enoughzooby will become famous soon enoughzooby will become famous soon enoughzooby will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle keyboard, kindle voyage, kindle oasis
I got a call yesterday from Amazon after leaving a review on their site about the case. They were looking for more feedback.
zooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 07:42 AM   #104
Josieb1
Wizard
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Oasis 2, Fire HD8,
I ended up returning both my cases yesterday. By coincidence the Operations Manager that dealt with my initial Oasis order phoned me as he had forgotton to do my refund (another supervisor processed it) and we discussed the covers. He processed the refunds immediately and sent me returns labels. They went back yesterday.

For me the issue wasn't so much with keeping the Oasis inside the cover, it was the stand facility, it kept slipping, the magnets at the top weren't holding the front cover to the back of the Oasis securely enough, when I pressed the forward button the cover stand slipped.

Also why spend £95 on two covers when I wouldn't trust them to keep the Oasis safe if I took it outside the house. My Oasis is now back in its box awaiting my eBay cover which should be here within a few days. I'm also waiting for Fintie to get covers available on Prime, they said by email it should only be a week at most as they have sent covers to the warehouse already.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 08:20 AM   #105
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2, PW3
All the aftermarket covers I have seen so far cover the whole back and retain the bulge shape to grip. The official covers only go over the thin part and are pretty much flush. Doesn't that defeat the purpose of having the bulge?
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
but are showing as used