Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2018, 06:04 AM   #316
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
PM sent.
Old 02-16-2018, 02:53 PM   #317
omarif
omarif began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo
New SD image but cant register

I have the new sd image and the glo boots up great again. But I cant get past the registration. Has anyone had this issue and know a work around?
Advert
Old 02-16-2018, 07:43 PM   #318
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by omarif View Post
I have the new sd image and the glo boots up great again. But I cant get past the registration. Has anyone had this issue and know a work around?
The only times I have had problems registering where when I had other network problems. But, for people who have unexpected problems after the image restore, a factory reset seems to clear things up.

You can also use the Kobo desktop application to do the setup.
Old 03-27-2018, 04:06 PM   #319
sentive
sentive began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Hello, everyone! My dear friend Glo bricked suddenly and I can't reset it anyhow.
I've opened the ebook and seems like I've broken the screen. Really sad about all this stuff, coz I love it dearly But I hope till last it's a kind of bug that could be solved by reinstalling all the soft on the SD card :c
So please could you help me find working soft to reinstall and actual data for Kobo Glo? Apreciate your help.
Old 03-27-2018, 06:29 PM   #320
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent. But...

If you have opened the device and the screen looks broken, then it probably is. Restoring the image is unlikely to do anything. But, it probably won't harm anything.
Advert
Old 03-27-2018, 07:26 PM   #321
sentive
sentive began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
PM sent. But...

If you have opened the device and the screen looks broken, then it probably is. Restoring the image is unlikely to do anything. But, it probably won't harm anything.
Anyway thank you very much wish you well
Old 03-29-2018, 01:48 PM   #322
michieer
michieer began at the beginning.

Bricked my Glo

Hi, my laptop went to sleep during firmware update. Now my Kobo Glo seems bricked. Can anyone help me get a firmware image?
Old 03-29-2018, 08:45 PM   #323
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent. But...

I wouldn't expect that to happen. While connected, you are at most copying a file to the device. If the laptop goes to sleep before that is finished, the device should disconnect and reject the upgrade when it tries.

In any case, have you tried a factory reset using the buttons? If that works, it will save you opening the device.
Old 03-30-2018, 02:35 AM   #324
michieer

Still bricked

I tried all resets and wrote the image sent by davidfor (for which great thanks). When I connect the device to my computer the message ""NS Blank CODEX is setup and ready for use" appears on my screen. The device still remains death.

The reason I started this operation was that the power on button didn't respond. But the device still powered on when I plugged in a USB charger.

Anyone seen this behaviour before? Any suggestions are welcome.
Old 03-30-2018, 08:57 AM   #325
ble
ble began at the beginning.

Hello, my Kobo Glo has been bricked

Could someone send me the firmware image?

Thanks!!!
Old 03-30-2018, 10:10 AM   #326
michieer

Fixed

With help from the Kobo servicedesk I did a hard reset (light button + paperclip in reset button). After that the device came to life again.
Old 03-30-2018, 10:14 AM   #327
watney
watney began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo hd
hi,

the last firmware update seemed to have bricked my kobo glo hd. can someone please help provide an sd image?
Old 03-30-2018, 09:14 PM   #328
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

@michieer, @watney: PM sent.
Old 03-31-2018, 06:37 AM   #329
ble
ble began at the beginning.

Thank you @davidfor!
Trying a hard reset with the combination of buttons was impossible... I have revived my Kobo Glo flashing the disk image.
Old 04-03-2018, 07:28 AM   #330
gioelemoon
gioelemoon began at the beginning.

Hi, my kobo glo model n613 has bricked, could someone send me the sd image? tysm in advance!
Closed Thread