Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 06-12-2013, 07:26 PM   #1
Maxy007
Maxy007 began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
Moonreader pro & Chapters

Hi all,
Originally I was able to click the link at the end of a chapter to go to the next chapter or just keep scrolling through the pages using my finger. I had to reinstall Moonreader as something was corrupt.

After reinstalling Moonreader, when i get to the end of the chapter the link is there but when i press it it doesn't go to the next chapter nor can i keep scrolling with my finger I have to press the "next page" button.

Does anyone know how I can fix this??

Cheers,

Maxy
Maxy007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 12:52 AM   #2
nblink
nblink began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Hi, I'm new.

Has anyone found a solution for this?
nblink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 05:12 AM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by nblink View Post
Hi, I'm new.

Has anyone found a solution for this?
Since no one responded to the question 4+ years ago I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that 4 years ago this was not a Moon+ Reader issue but a device or more likely a poorly formatted book causing the problem. I believe the same probably holds true today. Also you may get more eyes on this problem if you post it in the "Moon+ reader pro idiot guide please" thread.

That said, exactly what are your issues?
Do you have this issue with all books?
Does the book work correctly in other readers?
What format is your book?

Things you might try:
  • Reboot / power cycle your device.
  • Uninstall / reinstall the App.
  • Delete the book, open a differ book in the app, then send a new copy of the book to your device.
  • Try a different format of the book html, epub or mobi, whichever you aren't currently using.
  • If you use calibre I would suggest doing a simple epub to epub conversion and re-sending the book to the device.
  • If all else fails you can contact the developer of the app via the email address at the bottom of his web site.
I have never seen this issue and the books I have read recently do not have links at the end of chapters. Good Luck.

Update: I see that the creator of this program updated some things in an area seemingly related to your issue.

Quote:
What's New
v4.4.1
Add "Display new txt chapter in next page" for txt chapter recognition module
v4.4.0
● Add "Miscellaneous - Disable touch screen edge (for full screen phone or tablet)"
Add "Prior/Next Chapter" buttons on bottom navigation panel
● Add webnovel fiction library
● New hyphenation without text justified mode
Improve chapter recognition module for txt books
● Improve books download module
● Other miscellaneous improvements
If any of the items recently updated have anything to do with your issue you might want to skip straight to the contacting the developer step at the end of the list.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 02-11-2018 at 06:25 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote