Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-29-2017, 08:45 AM   #1
NoName90
NoName90 doesn't litterNoName90 doesn't litterNoName90 doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3. Generation
Jailbreak 5.8.11 (Kindle 8th Generation)

hello my english is not soo good, could you please assist me? is there any how to tutorial? do i need to downgrade and then jailbreak? i read its not possible to jailbreak my kindle. :-(
NoName90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 08:46 AM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoName90 View Post
hello my english is not soo good, could you please assist me? is there any how to tutorial? do i need to downgrade and then jailbreak? i read its not possible to jailbreak my kindle. :-(
a PW3 on 5.8.11 -
you read correctly, there is no software only jail break.
you can still jail break it over the serial port.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 10:20 AM   #3
NoName90

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
a PW3 on 5.8.11 -
you read correctly, there is no software only jail break.
you can still jail break it over the serial port.
is this the right link, am i corrct here? https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...ht=serial+port
Old 11-29-2017, 10:28 AM   #4
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

No.
Wrong thread, that is the current software jail break.

In the sticky section at the top of the index page -
Thread: "Jail break index"

Section: "Historical jail breaks ..."
The thread titled: "Serial jailbreaking your ..."

Which should land you at:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=267541

Like we went to great lengths to hide that one.

Last edited by knc1; 11-29-2017 at 10:32 AM.
Old 11-29-2017, 01:59 PM   #5
NoName90

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
No.
Wrong thread, that is the current software jail break.

In the sticky section at the top of the index page -
Thread: "Jail break index"

Section: "Historical jail breaks ..."
The thread titled: "Serial jailbreaking your ..."

Which should land you at:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=267541

Like we went to great lengths to hide that one.
you are super kind, thank you so much! is this the only method to fullfil my dreams of an jailbroken kindle? or is there an alternative? ...

i dont think that i want to crack it open... jailbreaking an iphone was so ez :-((
Old 11-29-2017, 02:03 PM   #6
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoName90 View Post
you are super kind, thank you so much! is this the only method to fullfil my dreams of an jailbroken kindle? or is there an alternative? ...

i dont think that i want to crack it open... jailbreaking an iphone was so ez :-((
Return the one you have and order a refurbished PW3 from Amazon.
Last I heard, they where still shipping with a version that can be jail broken.
And if not, return it under their "No questions asked" return policy.

Last edited by knc1; 11-29-2017 at 02:07 PM.