Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 03-20-2017, 01:49 AM   #1
Kanila G
Groupie
Kanila G ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kanila G ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kanila G ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kanila G ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kanila G ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kanila G ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kanila G ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kanila G ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kanila G ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kanila G ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kanila G ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Children's story illustrated by an 8 year old

The latest edition of 'The Mysterious Uncle Uh-Oh' features illustrations by the talented 8 year old Mishti Shah. Look! She made the cover too. You can now download the new and improved version free in EPUB, PDF or kindle format here https://sites.google.com/site/kanika.../short-stories
Or on smashwords at https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/712422

What's the story about?
A grouchy old man moves in to a new neighbourhood. After he snaps at the kids there a few times, they are terrified of him. He doesn't talk to anyone and no one knows his name. Uh-oh! Here he comes. That is what the kids say every time they see him, and eventually they start calling him Uncle Uh-Oh.

Then one day, a month later, the most surprising thing happens. A man comes to the neighbourhood from far-far away to meet Uh-Oh. He tells the most incredible stories about Uh-Oh. He used to be a kind man who loved kids and taught them all sorts of interesting things. Then what could have happened, to make him such a grouch? It's a mystery. Will the kids be able to figure it out and help him be friendly again? Read on to find out.

The story is free and suitable to be read to 5 to 8 year old kids.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cover2_uhoh_mobile.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	6.8 KB
ID:	155754  

Last edited by Kanila G; 03-21-2017 at 01:00 AM.
Kanila G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 06:58 AM   #2
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Thank you for the freebie, but I hope your story does not resemble the numerous errors displayed in your Subject Heading.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 01:19 PM   #3
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
I grabbed your book. I am not sure what you mean by suitable for 5-8 year olds. If you mean reading the story to them, then yes. If you mean them reading the stories, then no. You have way too many big words for the average 5 and 6 year old. To me, those stories were more suited for 8-10 year olds.

Your daughter is very talented and I wish you luck in keeping her occupied in the coming years.

@Dr. Drib,
Yes, the writing is much better than her title her implies.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 04:03 PM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Please edit your title. It gives a truly appalling impression of what I'm sure is a good book.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 09:36 PM   #5
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Please edit your title. It gives a truly appalling impression of what I'm sure is a good book.

I don't think she can, Harry. But we can.....when she PMs a Moderator.
Old 03-21-2017, 12:58 AM   #6
Kanila G
Groupie
Kanila G ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kanila G ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kanila G ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kanila G ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kanila G ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kanila G ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kanila G ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kanila G ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kanila G ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kanila G ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kanila G ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yes. I shouldn't have been so hasty with posting, especially since the title can't easily be edited. Can you tell me who I need to pm?
Old 03-21-2017, 12:58 AM   #7
Kanila G
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
I grabbed your book. I am not sure what you mean by suitable for 5-8 year olds. If you mean reading the story to them, then yes. If you mean them reading the stories, then no. You have way too many big words for the average 5 and 6 year old. To me, those stories were more suited for 8-10 year olds.

Your daughter is very talented and I wish you luck in keeping her occupied in the coming years.

@Dr. Drib,
You are right. It is suitable to be read to 5 to 8 year old kids.
The girl who illustrated the book is not my daughter. She is the daughter of a friend.

Last edited by Kanila G; 03-21-2017 at 01:03 AM.
Old 03-21-2017, 01:01 AM   #8
Kanila G
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I know But I thought there wasn't much I could do about it.
Old 03-21-2017, 01:13 AM   #9
Kanila G
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post

@Dr. Drib,
I don't have much experience with 8 to 10 year old kids. Mine are in Kindergarten. Do you think the story would engage 8 to 10 year olds?
Old 03-21-2017, 06:29 AM   #10
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

OP requested the title to be corrected.

Don
(Moderator)
Old 03-21-2017, 06:54 AM   #11
Kanila G
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
OP requested the title to be corrected.

Don
(Moderator)
Old 03-21-2017, 12:03 PM   #12
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanila G View Post
I don't have much experience with 8 to 10 year old kids. Mine are in Kindergarten. Do you think the story would engage 8 to 10 year olds?
Did the illustrator like it? There is your answer right there.

Now go write another one but leave out adverbs if you want little readers.

Oh if you ever need a mod, their names are in green or use the report button which is to the right of Karma.
They do neat things like fix titles and on occasion break up tiffs.

Last edited by Cinisajoy; 03-21-2017 at 12:07 PM.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 10:39 PM   #13
Kanila G
Groupie

Thanks for the tip about recognising moderators.
Old 04-10-2017, 06:44 AM   #14
Kanila G
Groupie

Now available at FreekidsBooks here https://freekidsbooks.org/uncle-uh-o...r-early-grade/

and B&N http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-...=2940154080191