Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 12-04-2011, 04:46 PM   #1
foosion
Connoisseur
foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Pixel 4a
Windows phone ereader?

I'm thinking of buying a windows phone and one consideration is whether it supports a good ereader.

My current favorite app is stanza on an ipod touch or ipad, reading mostly non-DRM epub files served from Calibre or the stanza pc program.

What's a good ereader app for a windows phone?
foosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 05:55 PM   #2
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by foosion View Post
I'm thinking of buying a windows phone and one consideration is whether it supports a good ereader.

My current favorite app is stanza on an ipod touch or ipad, reading mostly non-DRM epub files served from Calibre or the stanza pc program.

What's a good ereader app for a windows phone?
Well, Kindle for Windows Phone 7 is out. I'm sure it's a good eReader app, all of the Kindle apps are good.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-04-2011, 06:49 PM   #3
foosion
Connoisseur
foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Pixel 4a
I didn't think kindle supports epub or that it would download from a Calibre or stanza server. If so, moving to the kindle reader would be a large hassle
foosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 05:01 PM   #4
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Freda works with epubs and the calibre content server. Nowhere near as good as Mantano Reader for Android or Stanza for iOS, though.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 04:14 AM   #5
Jim Chapman
Addict
Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lumia 950 Phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
Freda ... Nowhere near as good as Mantano Reader for Android or Stanza for iOS, though.
But it's getting there, I hope.

(well I would say that, wouldn't I, being as I am the author of it )

But seriously ... the next update (on Marketplace in about a week's time) will address a bunch of performance and UI issues. And I'm always ready to receive functionality suggestions and feature requests at jim@turnipsoft.co.uk .
Jim Chapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert