Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2019, 04:41 PM   #1
matula
matula began at the beginning.

Device: kt3
KT3 5.9.2.0.1 advice

hey all,

just a request for some advice. I'm a bit of a cheapskate, I don't want to pay for sponsor offers removal if I can avoid it. I have a Kindle Basic KT3 with the firmware 5.9.2.0.1. If I recall correctly it has never been online, although I might be wrong. I made the "update.bin.tmp.partial" dummy folder in the kindle's visible partition's root directory. If I go online with it to browse wikipedia, will I get the sponsor's offers? Is there a way to avoid them without paying? I like the default screensavers it has now (just some images showing off the E-ink display's quality), and my previous kindle had some adverts there which I'd rather not have.

I don't wish to jailbreak it, the hardware jailbreak seems like an awfully risky. Should I just keep it offline forever?

thanks
Old 10-26-2019, 05:27 PM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
No. And asking anything more about this will get you a nice hit of the banhammer.
Closed Thread