Notices

Old 09-20-2010, 08:28 PM   #1
SunLight
Connoisseur
SunLight began at the beginning.

Device: none
Reading Kindle with Sunglasses

Dear fellow Kindle owners:

Any problems reading one's Kindle with sunglasses that have UV protection/polarized lenses, I ask this because its practically impossible to read LCD readers such as an iphone or itouch with sunglasses as one sees a polarization effect.

Any problems with the Kindle?
SunLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 08:31 PM   #2
TomF
Kindle Enthusiast
TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kindle 3G Graphite, Kindle Fire
Nope. Read with my sunglasses for 10 days in Hawaii.
TomF is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-20-2010, 08:33 PM   #3
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Any problems reading one's Kindle with sunglasses that have UV protection/polarized lenses
Only when it's dark.

Seriously though... no, I have no issues reading in bright sunlight with my Maui Jim's.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 08:37 PM   #4
[Ahmed]
[Ahmed] began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle³
no problem with polarized sunglasses either.
[Ahmed] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 08:38 PM   #5
Tiersten
Guru
Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle 3G+WiFi
eInk screens don't rely on polarisation of light unlike LCDs so are completely unaffected by any polarising filters in your sunglasses.
Tiersten is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-20-2010, 08:47 PM   #6
SunLight
Connoisseur
SunLight began at the beginning.

Device: none
Wonderful thanks for answering my query
SunLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 09:22 PM   #7
ChaseKR
Connoisseur
ChaseKR began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4 Touch, iPad 1 3G
You shouldn't have any problems with it, but I have problems reading anything with my old prescription sunglasses.
ChaseKR is offline   Reply With Quote