Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 01-29-2020, 02:18 PM   #31
Dazrin
Wizard
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, various Android devices
Versus a fight over who gets one at all? I'll take that trade.

Right now, they don't particularly care which they use and have gone back and forth with mine and theirs anyway. If I give them a second they can both at least claim one - get "theirs" set to their own settings - and be happier than now.
Dazrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 05:53 PM   #32
Poppaea
Lucifer's Bat
Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
It looks like they're gone already, at both locations. That didn't last long.

"Refurbished" (open box) ones are back at Woot for $85. This time it says "Clearance." I wonder if they've finally about sold them out.

https://sellout.woot.com/offers/kind...lnd_cat_pc_6_2
Oh dang it! I am too easily fooled! I really thought it'd be back for good due to popular demand.

This thread helped at least me if no one else, I found another Aura One
Poppaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-29-2020, 07:38 PM   #33
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1/K3/BasicK Voyage/Oasis1/Oasis3
I have the original Voyage and its battery is just fine. I charge it up whenever I notice it being depleted. I use my Oasis to read mostly. My Voyage sits for a long time before needing a charge.
Atunah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 08:58 PM   #34
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
As I wrote, the Voyage has unique characteristics that some people have found it worthwhile to have a backup Voyage without remorse, even years after making that decision.
That would be me!
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 02:30 AM   #35
AnimalOfArt
Groupie
AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: changing frequently
Seems to be sold out by now
AnimalOfArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-31-2020, 08:19 AM   #36
Paperbackstash
Wizard
Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, PW 3, 4, 5, Fire HD 2012, Fire HD 8 (8th Gen)
You'd really think with how fast these go, that Amazon would reconsider their stand on not releasing anymore voyages. They're still popular
Paperbackstash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 08:34 AM   #37
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paperbackstash View Post
You'd really think with how fast these go, that Amazon would reconsider their stand on not releasing anymore voyages. They're still popular
I cannot see a new Voyage, but I see no reason not to have the Voyage back if it's going to sell well enough.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 08:49 AM   #38
johnnyb
Cloud Reader
johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle Scribe, iPad Pro 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I cannot see a new Voyage, but I see no reason not to have the Voyage back if it's going to sell well enough.
USB-C for one thing plus larger display and comfort light.
I cannot stand horizontal layouts (and you mustn’t either )
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 09:07 AM   #39
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyb View Post
USB-C for one thing plus larger display and comfort light.
I cannot stand horizontal layouts (and you mustn’t either )
No USB-C. There are too many cables out there that are not made correctly that they could damage your computer and/or Kindle. And even some USB-C chargers are dodgy as well. There is no need for USB-C. You don't need the extra speed to send eBooks and microUSB works fast enough to charge.

A larger display would have to be 8" otherwise it would have to compete with the Oasis 3. How much would a Voyage with an 8" screen cost? (IMHO), too much.
Old 01-31-2020, 09:25 AM   #40
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
It would be silly to not add frontlight color temperature adjustment and provide 8GB storage.

If they resumed production of the Voyage with no changes you would be the very first to slam it at every opportunity, saying nobody should buy one because it didn't have color temperature adjustment.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 10:05 AM   #41
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
It would be silly to not add frontlight color temperature adjustment and provide 8GB storage.

If they resumed production of the Voyage with no changes you would be the very first to slam it at every opportunity, saying nobody should buy one because it didn't have color temperature adjustment.
I don't have color temperature adustment on my H2O and I don't long for it.
Old 01-31-2020, 10:18 AM   #42
Tomk2
Groupie
Tomk2 is an accomplished Snipe hunter.Tomk2 is an accomplished Snipe hunter.Tomk2 is an accomplished Snipe hunter.Tomk2 is an accomplished Snipe hunter.Tomk2 is an accomplished Snipe hunter.Tomk2 is an accomplished Snipe hunter.Tomk2 is an accomplished Snipe hunter.Tomk2 is an accomplished Snipe hunter.Tomk2 is an accomplished Snipe hunter.Tomk2 is an accomplished Snipe hunter.Tomk2 is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: none
Color temp is like pickle on a hamburger to me. Lots of people ask for it, but you dont need it to enjoy it. I also agree with usb c being irrelevant. There are seemingly unlimited micro usb cables wherever I go should I need one, and micro USB is fast enough for an ereader. Only when my ereader is the last device using micro usb will I care. I perceive usb c to be a detriment at this time. For now, I will never need another cable!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Last edited by Tomk2; 01-31-2020 at 10:20 AM.
Tomk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 10:27 AM   #43
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomk2 View Post
Color temp is like pickle on a hamburger to me. Lots of people ask for it, but you dont need it to enjoy it. I also agree with usb c being irrelevant. There are seemingly unlimited micro usb cables wherever I go should I need one, and micro USB is fast enough for an ereader.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Actually, I prefer a burger without pickles as I don't like pickles. My solution for not having a colored LED is to not do what a lot of people do. I don't turn up the front light too bright. I don't need to make sure the background looks white. I just need the light bright enough to read comfortably.

As for USB-C, it needs to go. A new standard needs to be put in place where the cables made can be monitored so they would be made correctly. I don't want to risk my devices and computer because of faulty cable.

When you look at a lot of devices that have USB-C, they don't really need it.
Old 01-31-2020, 11:03 AM   #44
Dazrin
Wizard
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, various Android devices
Micro-USB is completely fine for charging a device or for data for ebooks. But any new devices should still be updated to USB-C since that is the way everything else is moving, especially devices that don't work with micro-USB. Laptops, cell phones, tablets, etc. I am about 50/50 now but would love to go all one way or the other to consolidate chargers and reduce the number of cables I need to carry around.

I have not seen nearly as many issues with USB-C as there used to be. Buy from a reputable vendor and a reputable manufacturer and you are very unlikely to have issues. Back in 2016 and even as late as 2018 that was different but, while it still happens, it is much less of a concern these days.
Dazrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 12:37 PM   #45
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
I don't have color temperature adustment on my H2O and I don't long for it.
I was the same way, until I got a reader that had it. Now I would prefer not to go back.

I'm guessing you've never spent any significant time using a reader with warm lighting, beyond maybe playing in a store.

Yes, the older blue/white screen is fine to read at night. And a warm lighted screen is a bit nicer.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote