Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 01-16-2020, 11:30 AM   #16
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Could it have something to do with the 'Count Pages" plug-in settings in Calibre? What are the 'usual' settings for that?
Blue2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 12:10 PM   #17
JimmyR
ɴₐɴ
JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV PW4 PW3 PW2
I didn't know you had that plugin. I've never used it so I can't really offer any advice accpet to disable it, restart Calibre and try again. If you want to use that plugin, refer to this page:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=134000
JimmyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-16-2020, 02:23 PM   #18
JimmyR
ɴₐɴ
JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV PW4 PW3 PW2
I was looking a little closer at that plugin. If you leave the custom column field blank in the device config, Calibre should generate its own page numbers regardless of whether the plugin is enabled or not. At least that is how it seems to be working here.

I created a custom column named pages and used the plugin to generate page counts for a few books. When I used the custom column (#pages) in the device config, the page count in the column was used. If a book didn't have a page count, Calibre generated its own page count when sending to the device--just as if the plugin wasn't installed.

I haven't done any tests with many books and am still not sure where things are going wrong for you. Try not restarting the kindle after removing/sending the books. I doubt that is causing problems but it would interrupt updates to the database which should continue after the restart... Not sure exactly.
JimmyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 02:47 PM   #19
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyR View Post
I was looking a little closer at that plugin. If you leave the custom column field blank in the device config, Calibre should generate its own page numbers regardless of whether the plugin is enabled or not. At least that is how it seems to be working here.

I created a custom column named pages and used the plugin to generate page counts for a few books. When I used the custom column (#pages) in the device config, the page count in the column was used. If a book didn't have a page count, Calibre generated its own page count when sending to the device--just as if the plugin wasn't installed.

I haven't done any tests with many books and am still not sure where things are going wrong for you. Try not restarting the kindle after removing/sending the books. I doubt that is causing problems but it would interrupt updates to the database which should continue after the restart... Not sure exactly.
Well, again, thank you so much for investing your time and patience with me!

Okay, I'll tinker with both things today and see what happens. *fingers crossed*

Just a note that I did try doing a smaller amount of books at a time and it didn't help.
Old 01-17-2020, 12:22 PM   #20
Blue2u
Wizard

After much more tinkering, I finally got it to work. I still have no idea why my previous settings worked on both my old Kindles and not the new KPW10, but whatever.

In case anybody else has the issue here's the settings I'm using now in configure kindle in calibre;
I unchecked ‘read metadata’ [was previously checked]
Left subdirectories checked
Left save template as is {author_sort}/{title} - {authors}
Changed send page number to accurate
Custom column I added #pages [I did it incorrectly when I tried it before, it needs to be exactly: #pages
I unchecked overwrite existing apnx on device

My page numbers now work on 7 randomly tested books so hopefully they work on the whole library.

MANY thanks to JimmyR for being so patient in trying to help me, you definitely steered me in the right direction so thank you again so much.
Advert