Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 02-16-2020, 09:14 PM   #1
The_book
Zealot
The_book began at the beginning.

Device: none
Bug in renaming file in BookBrowser should show full paths mode.

There is a bug in renaming file in BookBrowser should show full paths mode.
It happens when your select single file and rename it, but your do not change it. Then it will show the short path, not the full path.

Last edited by The_book; 02-16-2020 at 09:50 PM.
The_book is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 09:40 PM   #2
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
I can replicate on Windows 64.
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 10:11 PM   #3
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Is it just cosmetic. What happens if you hide the BookBrowser and reopen it?
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 01:50 PM   #4
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
Is it just cosmetic. What happens if you hide the BookBrowser and reopen it?
I closed and reopened book browser and no path was still shown for that one file. Since the epub was not in Sigil's old layout, I did a restructure to Sigl norm and the path showed up in book browser. I did the cancelled rename and the file path disappeared again. I tried changing the file extension to xhtml and no change. I renamed the file and the path reappeared. For what it's worth, the issue seems to be cosmetic only.

Sigil 1.1.0, Windows 10 x64.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 02:17 PM   #5
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
I ran into this early on when getting ready for the version 1.0.0 release, but I was under the impression it had been fixed. Perhaps I just forgot about it is all.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 02:29 PM   #6
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
I ran into this early on when getting ready for the version 1.0.0 release, but I was under the impression it had been fixed. Perhaps I just forgot about it is all.
Regressions'Я'Us.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 02:38 PM   #7
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

No. I'm betting I just forgot to mention it.

Hitting the escape key to cancel will preserve the full-path. It's only when bailing on the rename by clicking somewhere else with the mouse that initially makes the cosmetic-only problem show up.
Old 02-20-2020, 09:32 AM   #8
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

I honesty don't see a way around this that doesn't involve some rather drastic measures for such a cosmetic anomaly. We're currently relying on the built-in "edit" feature of QAbstractView (inherited by QTreeView) to do the renaming. Unless I'm missing something obvious, being able to handle the situation where a rename is canceled by clicking the mouse outside of the edit area would involve creating our own custom editor widget either through subclassing or by using a QStyledItemDelegate just to be able to install an event filter that captures the stray rename-"canceling" mouse-click.

My advice? Just train ourselves to hit ESC to cancel a rename instead.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 02-20-2020 at 09:35 AM.
Old 03-25-2020, 02:20 PM   #9
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Just an FYI that I believe this issue will be fixed in the next release.