Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-16-2020, 05:23 PM   #31
fbrzvnrnd
Addict
fbrzvnrnd can program the VCR without an owner's manual.fbrzvnrnd can program the VCR without an owner's manual.fbrzvnrnd can program the VCR without an owner's manual.fbrzvnrnd can program the VCR without an owner's manual.fbrzvnrnd can program the VCR without an owner's manual.fbrzvnrnd can program the VCR without an owner's manual.fbrzvnrnd can program the VCR without an owner's manual.fbrzvnrnd can program the VCR without an owner's manual.fbrzvnrnd can program the VCR without an owner's manual.fbrzvnrnd can program the VCR without an owner's manual.fbrzvnrnd can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: ONYX M96
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Open the dev tools (right click and select Inspector) then open the console and see what errors the JS inthe book are generating. THose will be why setInterval does not work for the book.

And if you want to attach copyrighted material to a bug report mark it as rpivate.
I just opened a bug: https://bugs.launchpad.net/calibre/+bug/1863520

I hope my descriptions are understandable.
fbrzvnrnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 08:15 PM   #32
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Sony PRS-650, Sony PRS-T1, nook STR, iPad 4, iPhone 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbrzvnrnd View Post
This is true but: a) often, when nobody created something that show what could be done with electronic literature in ebook, the statement of those who are putting the handbrake on electronic literature is "but nobody asks for these things!". I think someone have to bleed. b) I think it is absurd that some of the most relevant work in electronic literature are coming from Steam or Nintendo toys, when the digital books are - more or less - a poor porting of analogic paper books. Ebooks MUST be the place where electronic writers could build their electronic works in literature.

Oblivious this is my point of view.
This is different. You cannot bleed when bleeding doesn't work. There are very few programs in use for reading that your eBook would work with. That's the problem. Sure you can create an eBook with all the up-to-date ePub3 featur3es, but you havwe to get the reading software updated to handle it and most in real world use do not.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 07:40 AM   #33
fbrzvnrnd
Addict
fbrzvnrnd can program the VCR without an owner's manual.fbrzvnrnd can program the VCR without an owner's manual.fbrzvnrnd can program the VCR without an owner's manual.fbrzvnrnd can program the VCR without an owner's manual.fbrzvnrnd can program the VCR without an owner's manual.fbrzvnrnd can program the VCR without an owner's manual.fbrzvnrnd can program the VCR without an owner's manual.fbrzvnrnd can program the VCR without an owner's manual.fbrzvnrnd can program the VCR without an owner's manual.fbrzvnrnd can program the VCR without an owner's manual.fbrzvnrnd can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
This is different. You cannot bleed when bleeding doesn't work. There are very few programs in use for reading that your eBook would work with. That's the problem. Sure you can create an eBook with all the up-to-date ePub3 featur3es, but you havwe to get the reading software updated to handle it and most in real world use do not.
There are few programs in use for reading EPUB3, at all. If I build an EPUB3 that reach 200/300 readers of electronic letterature using Books or ADE, is something.
Old 02-17-2020, 07:49 AM   #34
fbrzvnrnd
Addict

I received a feedback for the problem (thank you kovidgoyal!). It is not a setInterval problem but a "feature" of the last calibre reader: the variables used by a html file are "shared" with all the other html files in the ebook. I do not think this is a good idea, it seems me out of any standard I know, but this is. I'll try to find a solution to adapt my interactive books to this choice, or I'll drop the Calibre support. Thank you anyway.