line-height:0.8em;
color:#bf253c;
font-weight:normal;
}
increase is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 09:53 AM   #17
deback
Book E d i t o r
deback figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.deback figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.deback figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.deback figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.deback figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.deback figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.deback figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.deback figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.deback figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.deback figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.deback figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.

Device: Laptop
Here's what I use to replace all dropcap codes, since dropcaps are easily screwed up during conversion:

.dropcap {
display: inline;
font-weight: bold;
font-size: 2em;
line-height: 0;
}
deback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 09:55 AM   #18
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Sony PRS-650, Sony PRS-T1, nook STR, iPad 4, iPhone 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by deback View Post
Here's what I use for any dropcaps, since dropcaps are easily screwed up during conversion:

.dropcap {
display: inline;
font-weight: bold;
font-size: 2em;
line-height: 0;
}
That's not a dropcap. Plus, on a Kindle, it looks awful. You cannot always do a larger first letter if it's too large so it looks good on a Kindle.

Your code works with ePub, but not KF8/Mobi.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 10:09 AM   #19
deback
Book E d i t o r
deback figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.deback figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.deback figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.deback figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.deback figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.deback figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.deback figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.deback figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.deback figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.deback figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.deback figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.

I know it's not a dropcap, silly. That's why I said I "replace" all dropcap codes with these codes. It works on ePubs, and that's all I use, so it doesn't matter to me that it doesn't work with Mobi or KF8, which I will never ever use. (I had edited my initial post within seconds to change it from "use" to "replace," so you obviously hadn't refreshed the page before you responded with your usual annoying response.)

Last edited by deback; 02-14-2020 at 10:22 AM.
Old 02-14-2020, 11:24 AM   #20
deback
Book E d i t o r

I just converted one of my ePub files (with the enlarged first letter codes I posted above) to Mobi, and the first letter looks fine in Kindle. It's perfect and looks just like the first letter in the ePub file. So, if I ever decide to read Mobi files, all the enlarged first letters will be perfect, contrary to what JS Wolf said above.

Last edited by deback; 02-14-2020 at 09:13 PM.