Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 02-07-2020, 11:34 PM   #1
codeowl
codeowl began at the beginning.

Device: Calibre
PDF to ePUB how to remove chapter header from pages when viewing ePUB in Flow mode

Hi there,

I have a PDF book that I have converted to an ePUB using Calibre version 4.10.1 64bit.

I like to view the ePUB in Flow mode using Calibre built in viewer, and I copy the text from that and read it with TextAloud.
However, at the start of every page, even though I am viewing in Flow mode and don't have page breaks as such, it still puts the chapter header and page number. This is a pain, as I don't want to keep hearing that.

How can I remove this, or configure the conversion so it is not included?
Then I could do a single copy of the text, instead of having to copy in between each page.

Thanks for taking the time to respond.
codeowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 12:49 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Use the search and replace features in the conversion dialog assuming the headers have a fixed pattern.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
epub