Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 11-19-2019, 04:49 PM   #16
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
As much as I'm partial to Sigil and PageEdit. I simply can't imagine why anyone would want to use them for authoring tools. They have to be the worlds worst tool's as far as general word processing goes.

THIS. ^^^^

And don't get me wrong. I'm a Sigil devotee and I proselytize wherever I go. But it's NOT a word processor.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 05:37 PM   #17
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
And don't get me wrong. I'm a Sigil devotee and I proselytize wherever I go. But it's NOT a word processor.

Hitch
Now if you could teach word processor users how to use them properly to generate an ebook... Styles is not a 4 letter word.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 06:53 PM   #18
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Now if you could teach word processor users how to use them properly to generate an ebook... Styles is not a 4 letter word.
Oh, hell, whatcha want, miracles? You have NO idea how much ridiculous wasted time I spent, proselytizing about styles and headings (and the document pane, etc.) to authors. Not for my sake, for theirs. To no avail.

Man, to me, Styles/Headings was the magic key that enabled me to make Word my beeyatch. Having been a devoted Wordperfect user, I looooathed Word for the longest time. When I discovered those, man...I was in heaven.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 07:27 PM   #19
exaltedwombat
Guru
exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Man, to me, Styles/Headings was the magic key that enabled me to make Word my beeyatch. Having been a devoted Wordperfect user, I looooathed Word for the longest time. When I discovered those, man...I was in heaven.
Yeah. We see a lot of that. People take a stand against a new program not realising it ADDS to the old one. Everything's still there, plus more!

Though I'm still dubious about Ribbon interfaces.
exaltedwombat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 08:57 AM   #20
ctaklis
ctaklis began at the beginning.

Device: laptop, google books
not able to install it on ubuntu.

and still not ubuntu (linux) installer.

That's too bad. As for the critiques how everyone uses it, it is bad. It helped me a lot. But can't find a way to install it to ubuntu to finish my ebook and to start writing a new one.
ctaklis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 09:35 AM   #21
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
The build instructions for Linux are right in the READMe.md.

https://github.com/Sigil-Ebook/PageEdit

No linux based installers are provided for Sigil or PageEdit. Please check your distribution repository or contact your distribution packager for Sigil and ask.
KevinH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 08:44 PM   #22
tetrault
Enthusiast
tetrault knows what time it istetrault knows what time it istetrault knows what time it istetrault knows what time it istetrault knows what time it istetrault knows what time it istetrault knows what time it istetrault knows what time it istetrault knows what time it istetrault knows what time it istetrault knows what time it is

Device: Kindle 3
PageEdit manual

I cannot find a PageEdit manual. Does it exist?
tetrault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 09:00 PM   #23
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
The latest release of PageEdit (v1.0.0) has a link to the user guide right in the release notes. Note that PageEdit is updating quicker than the guide at times.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote