Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2010, 10:13 AM   #1
Goodspeed
Goodspeed began at the beginning.

Device: KINDLE DX
Collection features are disabled to not registered Kindles!!!

The Collection features are disabled to not registered Kindle, I'm not in range the whispernet I have de Kindle DX (U.S. Wireless) Serial no. prefix B004
I've done the update to 2.5, but I guess is necessary usbnetwork to register and use the Collection new feature!

To create a collection:

1. Select "Create New Collection" from the Home screen menu."for me are disabled"
2. Enter a name for the collection.
3. Select "Save" with the 5-way controller when finished.

Is there other way to do that? With calibre is it possible?

Last edited by Goodspeed; 06-15-2010 at 10:22 AM.
Old 06-15-2010, 11:10 AM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Unless the Kindle is registered the collection feature won't work. At this point Kovid has said that using Calibre to do collections are a no go.
Advert
Old 06-17-2010, 09:02 AM   #3
Nifty
Enthusiast
Nifty has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Nifty has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Nifty has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Nifty has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Nifty has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle DX
You can make your kindle registered (all things work except browser)
Use usbnetwork, and add file named "reginfo" to "/var/local/java/prefs" directory.
Structure of reginfo file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<response>
<user_device_name>Name of you kindle</user_device_name>
<global_device_name>NOT_USED</global_device_name>
<given_name>Your name</given_name>
<name>Your full name</name>
<alias>email (without @xxxx part)</alias>
</response>

P.S. If you don't have usbnetwork experience - fill this file structure with your data, and I will make update file for you.

Last edited by Nifty; 06-17-2010 at 09:06 AM.
Old 06-17-2010, 09:41 AM   #4
Goodspeed

I did, Thanks great!!!
Old 06-17-2010, 09:48 AM   #5
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
** irrelevant reply **

Last edited by DiapDealer; 06-17-2010 at 09:50 AM. Reason: Not carefully reading what I was replying to.
Advert
Old 06-17-2010, 09:54 AM   #6
mikeage
mikeage began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Whispernet doesn't need to be active for collections to be created, but the Kindle does need to be registered (which generally implies that whispernet was used at least once).
Old 06-18-2010, 06:20 AM   #7
Goodspeed

Solution here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87336
Old 06-18-2010, 08:40 AM   #8
Goodspeed

welcome!
Old 07-27-2010, 07:27 AM   #9
shankez
shankez began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 2
I live in Italy an I have the same problem... Can you help me too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nifty View Post
Use usbnetwork, and add file named "reginfo" to "/var/local/java/prefs" directory.

<response>
<user_device_name>Name of you kindle</user_device_name>
<global_device_name>NOT_USED</global_device_name>
<given_name>Your name</given_name>
<name>Your full name</name>
<alias>email (without @xxxx part)</alias>
</response>

P.S. If you don't have usbnetwork experience - fill this file structure with your data, and I will make update file for you.
Hi, can you pls help me too in this pocedure? I don't have usbnetwork experience and I fear to make some mess. Thank you very very much!
Antonio

Update: Thank you, I have resolved!!

Last edited by shankez; 07-27-2010 at 10:16 AM. Reason: Update
Old 07-30-2010, 05:35 AM   #10
meem
A Reader who can think..!
meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi - Kindle DX (B004)
Quote:
Use usbnetwork, and add file named "reginfo" to "/var/local/java/prefs" directory....
Sorry, I am new with Kindle ..
So, Can you tell me what is usbnetwork and how can I connect with it?
and how can I access my Kindle file system ?
I have some experience with Linux.
Old 04-22-2011, 05:43 PM   #11
overlyConfused
overlyConfused began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Quote:
<response> <user_device_name>Name of you kindle</user_device_name> <global_device_name>NOT_USED</global_device_name> <given_name>Your name</given_name> <name>Your full name</name> <alias>email (without @xxxx part)</alias>
</response>
I don't even see that directory... I made the reg file but can't find that directory, nothing seems to be working lol help
Old 04-22-2011, 05:50 PM   #12
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
I don't even see that directory... I made the reg file but can't find that directory, nothing seems to be working lol help
You have to have the Jailbreak installed and be able telnet or ssh into your kindle before you'll be able to see the correct folders and copy the necessary file to it.

Start with the "Fonts and ScreenSavers hacks" thread in the Developer forum.
Old 11-24-2011, 01:01 AM   #13
kevintran
kevintran began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX Graphite
Sorry for the bump, but may someone make me a bin for a Graphite model?
Old 11-24-2011, 05:17 AM   #14
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevintran View Post
Sorry for the bump, but may someone make me a bin for a Graphite model?
You can create collections with an the latest version of Calibre with the Kindle Collections plug-in.
Old 11-25-2011, 01:11 AM   #15
kevintran
kevintran began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX Graphite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
You can create collections with an the latest version of Calibre with the Kindle Collections plug-in.
Can I get a bin anyways? Thanks for this.
Closed Thread