Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 04-03-2010, 11:43 AM   #1
leebase
Karma Kameleon
leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPhone X, Kindle Fire Tab HD 8, Walmart Onn
Got mine!

My JesusPad just arrived. Doing initial sync and setup now.

The home screen image has "shooting stars" -- about had a heart attach as they looked like major scratches on the screen.

Lee
leebase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 11:50 AM   #2
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
Congrats! Tell us more when you've played with it a bit
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-03-2010, 12:25 PM   #3
nremondelli
Zealot
nremondelli is on a distinguished road

Device: none
I am especially interested in your experience in direct sunlight.
nremondelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 02:14 PM   #4
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
That's my interest as well.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 02:27 PM   #5
leebase
Karma Kameleon
leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Haven't tried direct sunlight yet. Already posted "iPad as a reader" thread. I like it -- not sure if I _love_ it yet. Have to give it some time.

The iPad is very fast, very responsive.

Lee
Advert
Old 04-03-2010, 03:14 PM   #6
cavi
Connoisseur
cavi will become famous soon enoughcavi will become famous soon enoughcavi will become famous soon enoughcavi will become famous soon enoughcavi will become famous soon enoughcavi will become famous soon enough

Device: prs600
Mine just got here and I am also syncing now, yes the initial screen with the shooting stars sucks as it does look like there are scratches on the screen
cavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 11:20 AM   #7
jaxx6166
Wizard
jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 350, iPad, PW
I picked mine up yesterday at Best Buy, after Apple told me they only had the 64gb ones to sell.

It was mostly funny because about two hours before I read an article in the news that EVERY BEST BUY IN THE COUNTRY SOLD OUT OF ITS IPADS! ZOMG!!!!!1111 Noes!!!

So, just for the hell of it, I called my local Best Buy. They had one 16gb and five 64gb in stock. They were only out of the 32gb.

I love artificial stock shortages to increase demand. I actually almost thought about reselling mine on eBay, until the missus told me no.

So far, in playing with it for about two hours (I spent 5 wrestling with the DRM monster for my collection) I like it.

Not sure where it's going to go in my must have gadget list. But, it's nice...Kind of like a Chrysler is "nice" compared to a Dodge.

iBooks is really really pretty. As eInk starts to get more advanced, I'd expect something like this on the Kindle Mirisol.

But in the mean time, I'm enjoying it. Except, I think I downloaded the Marvel app for iPhone instead of iPad. But it won't let me d/l the iPad specific one. So, I wonder if there is a difference...

I think this is going to enter into the work gadget bag. With my VZW miFi, I think it may end up replacing my 13" MBP that I take with me to work. That way I won't have to bring my nook and my laptop for the quick hour of downtime I get.

I think if nothing else this will truly replace my Sony 700. It's been a good run, but I don't need the sidelit screen anymore with the backlight.

And that also means I'll probably be getting rid of my netbook and a couple other gadgets. So, it's off to the flea market
jaxx6166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 03:09 PM   #8
leebase
Karma Kameleon

Reading in direct sun -- did that this morning for about a half hour. You would not buy an iPad if reading in direct sun was something you wanted to do a lot of. I turned the brightness to the max -- and then COULD read. As something I might occassionally do, it was fine. But there's glare glore....and you'll want to clean off the fingerprints first.

If you can find shade, then there's still glare but the reading is much nicer.

It won't touch an ebook or paper book for reading in full sunlight.

Lee