Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-27-2010, 08:47 AM   #1
carpii
Enthusiast
carpii began at the beginning.

Device: Iliad or Sony
Bug, calibre adding .htm ebooks as ZIP ?

I was adding some books to my library today, and noticed that quite a few of them were being added to the library as ZIP format.

After a big more investigation, it turns out that all of these files, were .htm files. I opened them to check the contents, to make sure they werent actually zipfiles with .htm extensions, but they werent.

If I tried to 'View' the ebooks, it opened my file manager and showed the file (as if it was a ZIP i guess).

But if I chose to convert it to EPUB, it worked fine.

Is this a known problem?
carpii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 09:44 AM   #2
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Putting HTML into a ZIP archive is by design. Calibre treats formats as single files. Since HTML can have accompanying other HTML, CSS, and images it is all put into a ZIP archive.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-27-2010, 09:45 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Not a problem. HTML encoded files can contain many supporting files. A ZIP is a great container to keep related pieces together.
In my case, My Astak PEz can read ZIPed HTML files directly, so no problem here.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 04:58 PM   #4
carpii
Enthusiast
carpii began at the beginning.

Device: Iliad or Sony
Ok thanks guys. It makes sense

I was just a bit baffled at the time, because I was having problems and thought it was related to it being treated as a ZIP
carpii is offline   Reply With Quote