Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 11-12-2009, 12:10 AM   #1
AndreiC
Enthusiast
AndreiC began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-600, Kindle 2 International
Buying from MightyBright.com problems

Hello,

I've ordered some reading lights from MightyBright.com five (5) days go.

Ever since the initial message confirming my purchase I haven't received any signs from them.

I've even tried to contact them (e-mail) twice but to no avail.

Is this what should be expected?

Did you have any negative experiences with them?

I'm used to getting information about my purchases; or I expected a merchant to at least describe the expected procedure (e.g. "please don't contact us, your order will be shippped in 7-12 days at which point we'll let you know").

Thanks!
AndreiC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 10:01 PM   #2
whazzup
whazzup began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600
heya, how long did it take for them to deliver the lights? I ordered on the 4th of Dec, yet to get any form of reply from them...
whazzup is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-10-2009, 10:19 PM   #3
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
I'm really surprised, MightyBright is known for their good customer service. Hang in there for a few more days, then try again.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 01:13 AM   #4
xtine
Addict
xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
I actually have a bad experience with Mighty Bright myself. I ordered a few lights, including a pewter carabiner from them and they sent me the silver. After taking pictures (along with the invoice which specifically indicated pewter), I emailed it to them and have never received a reply.

Before that though, they seemed pretty prompt about responding to my emails.

If only there were better lights available, I would probably not bother buying from them again.
xtine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 06:45 AM   #5
AndreiC
Enthusiast

It took about 3 weeks for the lights to arrive.

Because they haven't answered any of my attempts of communication, I had already reported them to the BBB and escalated a claim with PayPal by the time the package arrived.

When the package arrived, I canceled my claim with PayPal. There weren't many days left until PayPal would have refunded my money due to them not having responded to my claim. I'm pretty sure PayPal would have given me my money back had I not canceled the claim.

Their lights are great, but they seem to have been produced by a team of robots that do not want to interact with people.

You might try just purchasing them from Amazon or another store so that you won't have to deal with them in the future.

Last edited by AndreiC; 12-11-2009 at 09:28 AM.
Advert
Old 12-11-2009, 09:41 AM   #6
xtine
Addict
xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
I would highly recommend purchasing from Sun & Moon Ecolight. I've bought most of my book lights from them (2 Travelflexes, an Xtraflex2 and the Ultrathin book light) and they usually send out my purchases within a day from receiving the order. They also keep me updated with tracking numbers (without me having to ask for them). Sometimes their prices are higher by a dollar or two, but they offer free shipping so it's still worth it
xtine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 04:52 PM   #7
daphnedmm
daphnedmm began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2i
I did not receive a confirmation purchase email, tracking information or any communication whatsoever, but my purchase arrived within 3 - 4 days.
daphnedmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 02:22 PM   #8
new
K3, K4B, KDX, KFHD, PW1&2
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4B, KDX3G, KFHD, PW1, PW2
I ordered 2 lights from them with absolutely no problems at all. I received them fast. That was a few months ago. I love these lights. Too bad, maybe they downsized their staff?

After I noticed seeing the poster is living outside of the US, perhaps that was the problem?

Last edited by new; 12-16-2009 at 02:25 PM.
new is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 08:53 AM   #9
AndreiC
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by new View Post
I ordered 2 lights from them with absolutely no problems at all. I received them fast. That was a few months ago. I love these lights. Too bad, maybe they downsized their staff?

After I noticed seeing the poster is living outside of the US, perhaps that was the problem?
But still, why would they not write me a simple one line message saying everything is all right and on schedule?
Old 12-19-2009, 08:50 AM   #10
advocate2
My Kingdom for Karma
advocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the rough

Device: Sony 350, 650, 950, Nook Color
One of my lights broke with the light head turning freely instead of staying fixed and secure. I wrote an email to Mighty Bright and they said they were sending me a replacement. That was three or four weeks ago and no replacement yet. I am not encouraged. The last time I bought one of their lights through Amazon it was actually a sale by Sun & Moon and it was delivered very quickly.
advocate2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 02:40 PM   #11
new
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Did you get your mighty brite replacement yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by advocate2 View Post
One of my lights broke with the light head turning freely instead of staying fixed and secure. I wrote an email to Mighty Bright and they said they were sending me a replacement. That was three or four weeks ago and no replacement yet. I am not encouraged. The last time I bought one of their lights through Amazon it was actually a sale by Sun & Moon and it was delivered very quickly.
Did you get the replacement yet? My light is not staying fixed in place either anymore. Guess I will tape it!
Old 02-07-2010, 09:44 PM   #12
new

Did you get a mighty bright replacement?

It has been almost a month, did you get a new mighty bright replacement?