Notices

Old 04-23-2009, 02:35 PM   #1
StanByk
Connoisseur
StanByk began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-650
The name of the rose

Hi everyone,

I am not sure if this is the best forum to post my question in, but I am looking for an ebook store that sells "The name of the rose" by Umberto Eco. I am based in the UK and I use a Sony 505.
I did search a couple of ebook stores, but couldn't find any online store that would sell me the ebook. Any help on where I can buy this story as an ebook (or how I could get hold of it elsewhere) would be very much appreciated!
Many thanks
Robert
StanByk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 01:06 AM   #2
kf6gpe
kf6gpe began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-700
My wife's presently reading a paper copy; when she started I looked all over and could never find a copy for my PRS-700.
kf6gpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-24-2009, 02:16 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I don't believe it's available as a legal eBook. I'd love to have it, too.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 05:24 AM   #4
jairizarry
jairizarry began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-500
Does anyone scan for their own ereaders?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I don't believe it's available as a legal eBook. I'd love to have it, too.
What I do is scan the pback using my ScanSnap. Then read the book while formatting and editing at the same time on my laptop. When I'm done with the first "read", I'll have a copy for the next time. Also, since my kids have access to my "old" Sony-500, they can read those books, too.

But, I admit, my list of titles that I want to scan is long, I always check to see if there is a legal ebook to buy. For instance, I'll buy Lord of the Rings instead of scanning even though the "book loan" process is cumbersome on the Sony 505 because I really want a well formatted book with the maps.
jairizarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 10:57 AM   #5
Idoine
Which book will be next ?
Idoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it is

Device: Cybook Gen3 1.5, Sony PRS 600 RC, Samsung Omnia...
[Deleted] lends his ebooks, and there's this book !
It's the way I came to be able to read again "The Door into Summer"...

Moderator comment:

Please don't link to illegal book sites. That site does not legally "lend" books - it is an illegal download site. Thanks.
Idoine is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-24-2009, 11:20 AM   #6
Format C:
Guru
Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iLiad + PRS-505 + Kindle 3
Burgomeister is not legal.
So you can name him, not directly link to his site.

Format C: is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 11:30 AM   #7
stoogeswoman
Zealot
stoogeswoman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stoogeswoman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stoogeswoman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stoogeswoman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stoogeswoman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: eBookwise 1150 and Kindle 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Format C: View Post

Aw, really? I have been tempted by some of his titles.

Too bad, but maybe the upside of the "illegals" is that it'll spur the publishers to get more of their books out there legally.
stoogeswoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 11:31 AM   #8
Idoine
Which book will be next ?
Idoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it is

Device: Cybook Gen3 1.5, Sony PRS 600 RC, Samsung Omnia...
Oups ! Sorry !

Edit : BTW, if I could buy "The Door into Summer" in ebook, I'd do it tomorrow...
Edit2 : At a reasonable price, that is...

Last edited by Idoine; 04-24-2009 at 11:36 AM.
Idoine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 11:52 AM   #9
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Hi Stoogeswoman! How's the pinky toe today?
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 12:40 PM   #10
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Format C: View Post

Burgomeister certainly is not legal and does, in fact constitute piracy, even if they treat us to the BS that you only get to "borrow" books, etc. We at MobileRead strongly advise not frequenting sites such as that and certainly discourage all forms of piracy.

pshrynk - moderator
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 02:57 PM   #11
StanByk
Connoisseur
StanByk began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-650
Thank you everybody for your answers!
StanByk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 07:44 PM   #12
stoogeswoman
Zealot
stoogeswoman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stoogeswoman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stoogeswoman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stoogeswoman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stoogeswoman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: eBookwise 1150 and Kindle 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
Hi Stoogeswoman! How's the pinky toe today?
Sore, but still attached - thanks for asking!
stoogeswoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 07:49 PM   #13
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
I too just bought the paper copy of "The Name of the Rose" (and the companion key book) and I'm 1/3 through it. Good book!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 09:18 PM   #14
sirbruce
Provocateur
sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Kindle 2, Kindle DX, iPhone 3GS
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
I too just bought the paper copy of "The Name of the Rose" (and the companion key book) and I'm 1/3 through it. Good book!
Good movie.
sirbruce is offline   Reply With Quote