Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 06-27-2008, 11:09 PM   #1
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Mobipocket library options

My Cybook gen3 ereader is on it's way to Tasmania, and I'd like to prepare in advance. I apologise in advance if this topic has been discussed before.

I have the Mobipocket reader on my Thinkpad and notice that when I open the program it shows me what ebooks are in the MyEbook folder in order of file title. For example all the files starting with The are put together.

I'd very much prefer to file the books by author and then by title. I've renamed the files (eg Emma.prc to Austen, Jane - Emma.prc) so that when I look in the folder with the Windows file manager I see them in order. But when call the Mobipocket reader the files are shown in their original name and are therefore not in any logical order. I there any way I can get the Mobipocket reader to show the files the way I want them?

Also, I'd like to show the files by name rather than as icons - analogous to viewing by list rather than by icon. Is this possible?

Regards, Alex
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 03:27 AM   #2
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBell View Post
I there any way I can get the Mobipocket reader to show the files the way I want them?

Also, I'd like to show the files by name rather than as icons - analogous to viewing by list rather than by icon. Is this possible
Click on the icon just to the left of Search. It will give you four display options, including "details" to get a list, and an "arrange by" option (at least under some display options). There isn't an arrange by filename option though.

Some older MOBI/PRC files won't display an author, because they don't have author metadata in the file. Also titles and authors can be wrong (and removing a leading A or The from titles helps sorting). MobiPerl's mobi2mobi can fix both problems, and has an option to add thumbnails for the Gen3. There is a binary version for Windows (so you don't need to install Perl), and also Mobi2Mobi GUI v0.13.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-28-2008, 04:41 AM   #3
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Many thanks, Wallcraft. I've downloaded the file and will have a look at it.

Regards, Alex
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote