Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

View Poll Results: What is your overall thoughts on Pocket with Kobo
It really needs to be improved before I will commit to using it for anything. 5 7.58%
It works but its not for me. 3 4.55%
Neutral- no real opinion due to non use, or limited availability across the Kobo product line! 7 10.61%
Satisfied but only use for limited use. 13 19.70%
Kick ass option that will get a lot of use! 38 57.58%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-07-2013, 09:26 AM   #16
anacreon
Guru
anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa, Sage
Question setting the language per article

Is there a way to set the language per article for Pocket on Kobos as one does with books via Calibre? I'm currently exploring Cortazar (life and books) on Spanish Wikipedia, and it is annoying to have to go the long way for every word definition because the default is French, and even if I change it to Spanish, Pocket doesn't even memorize it within the article I'm reading.
anacreon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 01:51 PM   #17
latepaul
Wizard
latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a variety (mostly kindles and kobos)
The first few sites I've tried it on when I save the page it doesn't get the whole page in the 'article'.

I tried it on a thread on MR for example. I got one post. Fair enough, maybe a forum is not really an "article".

I tried it on a news story on the BBC. I got the headline and short summary.

I tried my blog and I got half of one post (not even the most recent).

So if I can't use it for blogs, news or forums it's going to be very limited for me.
latepaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-07-2013, 02:19 PM   #18
vice-versa
whippet addict
vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura 6", Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Sage
too awsome !!! I was loving my glo, but now, I love it more !
vice-versa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 02:19 PM   #19
latepaul
Wizard
latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a variety (mostly kindles and kobos)
OK so I tried it again on my blog with better results so maybe I did something wrong the first time.
latepaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 02:42 PM   #20
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by latepaul View Post
OK so I tried it again on my blog with better results so maybe I did something wrong the first time.
Any issues with a pocketed article that you feel should correctly be an article, the pocket people suggest sharing the link with support@getpocket.com they will look into it and hopefully can resolve the issue or provide an explanation as to why it does not work. For links that change, such as some newspapers you may not have the results you would expect.

regards

Jack
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-07-2013, 02:45 PM   #21
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It should be pointed out, that on the Kobo devices except for the Kobo Arc video links will not port to the Devices. Simply put the eink devices, although theoretically they can play video to a limited extent, do not have support for video play back. The Kobo ARC however does have video playback and should play most video links.

regards

Jack
Old 11-07-2013, 02:54 PM   #22
SWCaffeinated
Enthusiast
SWCaffeinated solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.SWCaffeinated solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.SWCaffeinated solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.SWCaffeinated solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.SWCaffeinated solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.SWCaffeinated solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.SWCaffeinated solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.SWCaffeinated solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.SWCaffeinated solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.SWCaffeinated solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.SWCaffeinated solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Way Too Many Others
Pocket on Kobo is a game changer for me. I read more web articles than books. This was the very last thing I missed when changing over to Kobo, and it made me hold on to my Kindle. (I was using Readability for Kindle.)
SWCaffeinated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 03:26 PM   #23
morgoth
morgoth is a marvel to beholdmorgoth is a marvel to beholdmorgoth is a marvel to beholdmorgoth is a marvel to beholdmorgoth is a marvel to beholdmorgoth is a marvel to beholdmorgoth is a marvel to beholdmorgoth is a marvel to beholdmorgoth is a marvel to beholdmorgoth is a marvel to beholdmorgoth is a marvel to behold

Device: Kobo Aura, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck_in_Japan View Post
I can think of no improvements for Pocket. It works great.
Indeed it works great but tags would be GREAT because is a bit difficult to find articles when you have many.

Apart of that the pocket experience is very nicely integrated into Kobo firmware, excellent job.
morgoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 12:37 PM   #24
libertango
Connoisseur
libertango is a marvel to beholdlibertango is a marvel to beholdlibertango is a marvel to beholdlibertango is a marvel to beholdlibertango is a marvel to beholdlibertango is a marvel to beholdlibertango is a marvel to beholdlibertango is a marvel to beholdlibertango is a marvel to beholdlibertango is a marvel to beholdlibertango is a marvel to behold

Device: kobo clara hd, kobo glo hd, kobo aura h2o, kobo touch, kindle dx
Quote:
Originally Posted by lohtse View Post
loving this on my Touch.......
My first post here, so hello everybody.

I've tried changing my affiliation file to Mondadori, but no upgrade. I am still on firmware 2.6.2 on my Kobo Touch.

Did you upgraded manually? Besides Pocket, everything works fine?
libertango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 05:56 PM   #25
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
The affiliate change trick will not work for the Touch or the Mini. Kobo have not updated these past 2.5.2 and 2.6.2. Hopefully that will change with the next release. In the meantime, the firmware does work on the Touch and can be sideloaded.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 07:24 PM   #26
jackastor
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
The affiliate change trick will not work for the Touch or the Mini. Kobo have not updated these past 2.5.2 and 2.6.2. Hopefully that will change with the next release. In the meantime, the firmware does work on the Touch and can be sideloaded.
David, are you referring to a full download and unzip or just the tgz file?

Regards

Jack
Old 11-08-2013, 08:38 PM   #27
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackastor View Post
David, are you referring to a full download and unzip or just the tgz file?
I don't know what people are doing. For the Mini and N905C Touch, the full install should work. I'm not sure for the N905 and N905B.
Old 11-09-2013, 03:38 AM   #28
lohtse
Groupie
lohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by libertango View Post
My first post here, so hello everybody.

I've tried changing my affiliation file to Mondadori, but no upgrade. I am still on firmware 2.6.2 on my Kobo Touch.

Did you upgraded manually? Besides Pocket, everything works fine?
you can use link in devolpment..i upgraded to 2.10.0 with out issues... every thing works great and alot of issues i had with earlier firmwares has been fixed..... loving pocket and 2.10.0
lohtse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 03:39 AM   #29
lohtse
Groupie
lohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I don't know what people are doing. For the Mini and N905C Touch, the full install should work. I'm not sure for the N905 and N905B.
mines the N905.... all works fine...
lohtse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 03:58 AM   #30
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohtse View Post
mines the N905.... all works fine...
2.10.0 worked well on my N905 Touch as well. But, it was installed as part of the beta testing. My statement was because I didn't know whether people were installing the full package or just the KoboRoot.tgz. Which did you do?