Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 03-09-2012, 11:28 AM   #1
GossG
GossG began at the beginning.

Device: Bubue books in Symbian
Profile for generic tiny phone reader

I just bought a Symbian phone. There are a stack of epub readers for this phone, but none of them seem to work right except for Bubue. Bubue chokes on italic or accented letters, and I'm wondering if Calibre can strip these out in the conversion?

The phone has a PDF reader and a Word clone. The latter chokes on the books I've tried to send it, and of course PDF gives me either microprint or I have to keep pulling it left and right to see it. The default is readable in landscape, but I want to read in portrait.

My second question therefore would be how to tell Calibre that I want to turn novels into PDFs to be read on a screen an inch and 3/4 wide.
GossG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 03:11 PM   #2
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Why not just use plain text format? Calibre can convert to that. On a screen that tiny, the lack of formatting shouldn't matter much.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-09-2012, 06:14 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 10:41 PM   #4
GossG
GossG began at the beginning.

Device: Bubue books in Symbian
Uh, Ducks? You posted a blank message.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
Why not just use plain text format? Calibre can convert to that. On a screen that tiny, the lack of formatting shouldn't matter much.
I thought I posted a reply this afternoon, but I don't see it here.

I tried getting Calibre to convert the novel to text. I miss the chapter hotlinks. And the "note" reader in my phone is pretty pathetic. I haven't tried the RTF version yet.

I'd rather have a "bubue" configuration in Calibre that takes out the formatting that the usable ebook reader can handle. Or configs that produce books that the other three readers for Symbian don't choke on.
GossG is offline   Reply With Quote