Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 10-29-2011, 06:55 PM   #1
brontus
Enthusiast
brontus is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.brontus is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.brontus is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.brontus is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.brontus is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.brontus is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.brontus is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.brontus is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.brontus is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.brontus is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.brontus is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500, Kindle Fire, Aldiko on LG Optimus Elite
Images resizing in epub to pdf conversion + TOC not creating

I recently created an ebook of posts from my blog. I started out with an epub file and wanted to convert to mobi and pdf. The mobi file looks great, but in the pdf, the images are re-sized to fit the width of the page. Is there anyway to limit the size of the output image?

Also, I cannot get the TOC created to save my life. In the original epub, the chapter headings are in the following format:
<h1 class="main" id="heading_id_2">name</h1>

I've tried Force auto-generated table of contents on and off. I've tried the default, I've tried setting the Level 1 TOC XPath to detect h1 tags with class="main" or id="heading_id_2", just plain h1 tags
//h:h1[re:test(@class, "main", "i")]
//h:h1[re:test(@id, "heading_id_2", "i")]
//h:h1

Each time, I get a pdf with no table of contents. Can you help me figure out what I am doing wrong?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pdf.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	42.2 KB
ID:	78334  
brontus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 08:17 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
PDF Output does not support table of contents
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-30-2011, 12:30 AM   #3
brontus
Enthusiast
brontus is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.brontus is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.brontus is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.brontus is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.brontus is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.brontus is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.brontus is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.brontus is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.brontus is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.brontus is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.brontus is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500, Kindle Fire, Aldiko on LG Optimus Elite
Okay, will output to RTF and work on it in OpenOffice instead. Thanks for the answer.
brontus is offline   Reply With Quote