Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-24-2011, 07:57 AM   #1
aielloj
aielloj began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
calibre and multiple computers

I have 3 different computers between office, desktop and laptop, is there a way of keeping them synced together?
Also on a side note would to change my user name, any ideas on how?
aielloj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 09:32 AM   #2
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by aielloj View Post
I have 3 different computers between office, desktop and laptop, is there a way of keeping them synced together?
My preference is one master providing a content server and web/opds access from the others. That prohibits making updates and changing metadata from anywhere other than the master. If you must have multiple access for metadata changes from all of them, consider DropBox (search here), but you will have problems occasionally if you are not careful to avoid simultaneous access.

Last edited by Starson17; 06-25-2011 at 09:35 PM.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-24-2011, 11:02 PM   #3
Pinecone
Guru
Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650, PRS-600, PRS-350
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=138526
Pinecone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 12:31 AM   #4
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by aielloj View Post
i use synchronization shareware software, both for calibre & for other stuff. e.g. to backup game saves, music collections...

there's freeware stuff out there also if you don't need bells & whistles. set up so that entire calibre library folder is synched & you are good to go.

i use synchromagic. there's also goodsynch, allsynch.....
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 02:10 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
The freebie Microsoft Synctoy works well; I've used it for years.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert