Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-24-2011, 06:15 PM   #1
mssthang269
mssthang269 began at the beginning.

Device: sony e reader 300
Sony E Reader has an Invalid Format

Hi everyone i am getting an invalid format on my sony reader and before you say look in the forums i did and i tried to reset it but as it comes back on it still says invalid format. I've tried a soft reset and also a hard reset please somebody help me. i have a sony 300.

thanks

Mssthang
mssthang269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 07:31 PM   #2
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Welcome to MR, mssthang269.

Could you give us some more information? What format was the book you tried to open? Was it DRM'd? Do you have an Adobe ID and is your reader/computer registered with it? I don't know what else to ask or what help to offer, but having more information would help us when we offer suggestions to you.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-24-2011, 10:09 PM   #3
mssthang269

too answer your questions no too all of them i just purchased the e reader on saturday. thought i could hook it up and start putting books on them. apparently that is not how to do things so l've learned lol.

thanks mssthang
Old 04-24-2011, 10:31 PM   #4
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You are welcome. Do you mean you have learned and you can now put books on your Sony? Just ask if you have any other questions.
Old 04-25-2011, 09:58 AM   #5
mssthang269

Nope i mean that l've learned not to do anything without reading the instructions first still havent gotten rid of the invalid error message. My reader won't even do a hard reset.

thank you
mssthang
Advert
Old 04-25-2011, 10:27 AM   #6
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2, Tolino Vision 6
I think we need more info to be able to help you.
1. How are you moving files to the reader? What software are you using?
2. What kind of files are you trying to load? EPub? PDF? Mixture of both?
3. Where does the files come from? Library? Book store? Public domain sites? (I'm not asking to point any fingers, but I have seen files from - how shall I put it - less reputable sorces that doesn't work very well).

The more people know, the greater the chance for help! Don't worry, people here will have things sorted out for you, I'm sure! Here's me hoping for the best for you!
Asawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 10:30 AM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Can you plug your Reader into the USB port of your computer and move off all the eBooks? If so, then you can try to find which eBook(s) is/are causing the problem.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 07:18 PM   #8
mssthang269

im purchasing my books from books on board. i drag them over to my e reader i havent been using software to do it i didn't know i was supposed to all my books are off now and i still can't get the invalid format to disappear. i've been using both epub and adobe.

thank you
erica
Old 04-25-2011, 07:28 PM   #9
dreams
It's about the umbrella

Here is a link to our Wiki that has a Sony Reader Start-Up and Reset Guide

You can find information about

Installing the Sony Reader software
Authorizing the Reader to the Sony software

ADE epub will not open unless your device is authorized to read it. You can look on that same wiki page for information also. Just make sure that if you create accounts and passwords that both the Sony Reader library and Adobe have the exact same ones.

I hope this helps get you started.
Old 04-26-2011, 08:03 PM   #10
mssthang269

thank you i will try that and let you know.