Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 10-09-2010, 08:37 AM   #46
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sil_liS View Post
I have never preordered anything before so I don't know, but is the info on preordering always this vague? The PocketGoods website says that the 903 is "expected to be in stock" on November 15th and has two weeks for shipping. I live in The Netherlands now and I'm guessing that the first devices will be delivered in Germany.
My problem is that I'm going on vacation on December 14th, and any delays in their schedule would mean that if I order now that I might not see the device until January.
November 15th is a worst case scenario.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 08:44 AM   #47
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
Quote:
we are not all geecks ! Here again some clarification are necessary. Is it simple ?
Getting the files was not really simple (it requires installing a program in the device and using it to extract the language files), but translating them is, as they're just text files and you have to substitute things. I could do so in the firmware for the old devices, and I created a thread which details the process. However, I need to know how to do it in the new devices.
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-09-2010, 01:07 PM   #48
Sil_liS
Wizard
Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 903 & 360+
I placed the order for the 903.

PocketGoods: I made an account and after placing the order it seems that I was automaticly logged off. The language also switched to german.
Also after logging in again to look at what information I have on the order I noticed that it said:
" Welcome!
Here is your personal page, which displays an overview of your previous orders and a list of the products you have viewed recently.

When you log in, you manage all your personal details.

Would you like to log in now or register? "

Can you change that?
Sil_liS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 01:21 PM   #49
twoflower
Enthusiast
twoflower began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook 902
mtravellerh, could you please provide us the information about the special presale discount price you mentioned earlier and about the student rebates you also said will be possible?
twoflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 03:33 PM   #50
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoflower View Post
mtravellerh, could you please provide us the information about the special presale discount price you mentioned earlier and about the student rebates you also said will be possible?
Depends on where you are located. As far as I know there os not yet a fixed price for the States.
Advert
Old 10-09-2010, 03:46 PM   #51
krish
Connoisseur
krish began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 302, Kindle 3(Wifi), Sony PRS-950
@mtravellerh, does 902 / 903 models firmware has both adobe viewer & pdf viewer for reading pdfs?
krish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 04:07 PM   #52
twoflower
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
Depends on where you are located. As far as I know there os not yet a fixed price for the States.
I'm from Czech Republic.
Old 10-09-2010, 07:57 PM   #53
ordie
ordie began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by twoflower View Post
I'm from Czech Republic.
I read this thread from start to finish intending to ask this question, so good you already did!

I am a university student from Portugal (and so EU as well): it may be naive of me to ask, but if there are going to be student discounts I will need to ponder on whether the pre-order price would be lower than the student-discount (I reckon Yes, but who knows, maybe it will be cumulative. ). The problem of 3G in here is also notable.

Thanks in advance for answering
ordie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 08:17 PM   #54
citac
Fanatic
citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Yoga Tab 2 (Android)
Good question from ordie. I have one too:

Does this discount apply to postgrad students as well or do you not make a distinction? In my country, students can get certain discounts which a re not available to postgrad. I, however, am just as broke now as I was while I was an undergrad.
citac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 03:18 AM   #55
twoflower
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by citac View Post
Good question from ordie. I have one too:

Does this discount apply to postgrad students as well or do you not make a distinction? In my country, students can get certain discounts which a re not available to postgrad. I, however, am just as broke now as I was while I was an undergrad.
I am also a postgrad and therefore I was asking about more information concerning the student rebates. 902/903 would be immensely useful now as one has to read plenty of scientific PDF articles and reading it on an LCD sucks..
Old 10-11-2010, 05:33 AM   #56
cpd
cpd began at the beginning.

Device: none
3G in Hungary

Quote:
6) In Spain, you have to use your own SIM card until we have a provider partner
Dear mtravellerh and PocketBook!

Can I use the included SIM-card in Hungary? What is the list of viewable web pages (Gmail, blogs, Wiki)? [Amazon doesn't block any pages.]
Is there a detailed conditions info page, or we have to ask this question for every country...

Thank you for your answer.
cpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 07:02 AM   #57
mtravellerh
book creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpd View Post
Dear mtravellerh and PocketBook!

Can I use the included SIM-card in Hungary? What is the list of viewable web pages (Gmail, blogs, Wiki)? [Amazon doesn't block any pages.]
Is there a detailed conditions info page, or we have to ask this question for every country...

Thank you for your answer.
Hungary: No, but we will find a solution for Hungary(actively working on that right now, in fact)
Old 10-11-2010, 11:00 AM   #58
Krzych Ayanami
Enthusiast
Krzych Ayanami began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 903 (soon!)
From Pocketgoods.de:

Quote:
The delivery of the new models without touch screen (PB 602 and PB 902) as well as PB IQ is intended for the first week of november and with touch screen (PB 603 and PB 903) for the third week of november of this year.

Unfortunately, in the product description mentioned maximum delivery time of two weeks is a little bit irritating. It is technically preset and can not be raised to three or more weeks. Hence, this information is not to be followed.
Krzych Ayanami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 04:14 AM   #59
cpd
cpd began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Hungary: No, but we will find a solution for Hungary(actively working on that right now, in fact)
Your effort would be highly appreciated. I hope you will succeed. I would like to choose PocketBook against Amazon, but in this point Amazon gives more on very low price.
cpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 04:20 AM   #60
lalebarde
Connoisseur
lalebarde began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-950SC daily edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logseman View Post
Getting the files was not really simple (it requires installing a program in the device and using it to extract the language files), but translating them is, as they're just text files and you have to substitute things. I could do so in the firmware for the old devices, and I created a thread which details the process. However, I need to know how to do it in the new devices.
Thanks for the tip. It looks not to much complicated.
lalebarde is offline   Reply With Quote