Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers

Notices

Old 02-02-2011, 11:05 PM   #61
MR. Pockets
Addict
MR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Touch, Aluratek Libre Pro
I just bought a Literati. After updating it, I plugged it into my computer which recognized a storage device and told me it was ready for use. I tried to access the Literati via the comp but it claims the drive isn't formatted. Should I format it?
MR. Pockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 07:18 AM   #62
clittle
Zealot
clittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR. Pockets View Post
I just bought a Literati. After updating it, I plugged it into my computer which recognized a storage device and told me it was ready for use. I tried to access the Literati via the comp but it claims the drive isn't formatted. Should I format it?
Mine says "There might be a problem with some files..." and offers to "Scan and fix...".

I tried that when I first got the Liberati but it didn't help; I get the same message every time. So I just ignore it. It doesn't seem to make a difference.

HTH
clittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-03-2011, 05:40 PM   #63
MR. Pockets
Addict
MR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura about

I just picked up a second. The first didn't have the 25 "free" books on it like it was supposed to and the second one did, so I was preparing to return the first. I "factory reset" it (so my info wouldn't be on it anymore) and the books appeared! The internal memory is now formatted and can be read with my computer.
Old 02-03-2011, 07:29 PM   #64
curtw
Outside of a dog
curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR. Pockets View Post
I had the same problem initially, and it was due to the USB cable that came with the device. Switched to another I had lying around, and everything was fine.
curtw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 10:15 PM   #65
lindasarto
lindasarto began at the beginning.

Device: none
I had the same thing happen yesterday after I connected mine for the first time. The key is to hold the reset button in long enough until the screen goes blank. I did that and then when I turned it on afterwards it worked fine. Hope this response is not too late for you!
lindasarto is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-03-2011, 11:29 PM   #66
MR. Pockets
Addict

Nope, I got it working properly! Thanks for the help.
Old 02-04-2011, 07:27 PM   #67
Kismatt
lowly peon
Kismatt began at the beginning.

Device: Galaxy A7, Win10 Tab, Paperwhite (7th Gen), Paperwhite (10th Gen)
Hi all

Well, I bought a Literati at lunch today, and I think 2 more people here at work are going to get it as well, since Bed Bath and Beyond has them on clearance for $39.95 in the stores.

It did 2 software updates after I connected it to the WiFi, and synced my Kobo library without a hassle (after I remembered my password...). I'll be trying the Overdrive library from home, and have printed out the instruction manual.

I have been using my G1 for books, and I keep touching the Literati screen instead of using the buttons! Navigating by buttons is hard after using a touchscreen.

The software updated to 2.0, and looks like it's working well. Have the issues with the Kobo Desktop software been resolved?
Kismatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 01:17 AM   #68
wvcherrybomb
Sharp Shootin' Grandma
wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle Fire, Literati (has been adopted by my daughter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
For $50 I would have definitely considered one of these for my daughter if I hadn't already bought her the Slick ereader that Big Lots was selling. She seems happy with it though, so I guess it's OK that I spent $40 more... the Literatis were selling for an INSANE price at Kohl's last time that I saw them.
I tried to buy the Slick at Big Lots but they were sold out. After missing out on that deal, when I saw the Literati could be had for $12, I printed out my coupon and headed for the nearest store. Since I only found out about it on the last day of the rebate I didn't waste any time. They were sold out at my local Bed, Bath, & Beyond but they let me order one in-store. It should be here in the next week.

While in the area, I stopped by Kohl's. I scanned the Literati on one of their price checkers and it came up $249!!!!! Once home, I checked their website where it is listed for $69. Pricing on this unit is all over the map.

Ironically, while in Big Lots the other day, I saw they finally have the Slicks back in stock. Glad I didn't see it first...
wvcherrybomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 10:35 AM   #69
curtw
Outside of a dog
curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by clittle View Post
Hi,

I know this is a minor point but it's only been a couple of weeks and my next page key is impossible to see in subdued light.

<snip>

Update...
I used a notebook ring reinforcement patch and sealed it with a bit of clear nail polish. So far it's working nicely. Don't know if it will wear off; but it's easy to replace.
This sounds like a great idea. I'm already getting frustrated with the difficulty in hitting the right spot in the dark.
curtw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 11:35 AM   #70
clittle
Zealot
clittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by curtw View Post
This sounds like a great idea. I'm already getting frustrated with the difficulty in hitting the right spot in the dark.
Hi,

I'm a bit surprised that others haven't submitted alternative solutions.

Anyway, I use a notebeook hole reinforcement tab as a mask to make sure I get a good circle. Then some white auto touch-up paint for the base, a second coat of sparkle nail polish ( the sparkles are in a clear lacquer thus the white base); and finally a coat of clear nail polish for protection.

The sparkles have some "grit" which is good for tactile feedback.

The notebook reinforcement has to stay on for a couple of days or the polish may come off with it. But the reinforcement isn't a bad touch anyway.

It works quite nicely.
clittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 01:05 AM   #71
gimpy
gimpy began at the beginning.

Device: Literati
I am having trouble downloading the 2nd update it usually just stops halfway and nothing every happens...could it be spotty wireless?
gimpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 03:20 PM   #72
BoomerM3
BoomerM3 will become famous soon enoughBoomerM3 will become famous soon enoughBoomerM3 will become famous soon enoughBoomerM3 will become famous soon enoughBoomerM3 will become famous soon enoughBoomerM3 will become famous soon enough

It Works - Questions

$40 from BB&B and many messages from this forum and it works fine. Used Overdrive from the local library - and that works too. OK, not a Kindle - but it's $40.

Questions:
1. Keyboard is cute. What can you do with it?
2. How do I remove a book from the 'Open' books? (I don't want to read it any more)
3. How can I bookmark a page - and leave it marked?
4. Using version 2, can I have multiple bookmarks? How?
5. How do I delete a book that I loaded thru Adobe Digital Editions?

Thanks for any answers you can provide.

peter
BoomerM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 03:46 PM   #73
MR. Pockets
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomerM3 View Post
$40 from BB&B and many messages from this forum and it works fine. Used Overdrive from the local library - and that works too. OK, not a Kindle - but it's $40.

Questions:
1. Keyboard is cute. What can you do with it?
2. How do I remove a book from the 'Open' books? (I don't want to read it any more)
3. How can I bookmark a page - and leave it marked?
4. Using version 2, can I have multiple bookmarks? How?
5. How do I delete a book that I loaded thru Adobe Digital Editions?

Thanks for any answers you can provide.

peter
1. Keyboard is used for entering search terms in the store and making notes. (Notes are only available
on books downloaded from the kobo store.) Something else you can do, press "c" and it will bring up a calendar.
2. There are three methods to remove a book from the "open/I'm Reading" list. First, you can delete
the book from your literati, second, you can go to the last page in the book and then press page forward. It will remove the "live" bookmark and remove it from the list. Lastly, you can (for Kobo books only) sync your device with you account, go to your account online (with a computer) and "delete" the book from your "I'm Reading" list. For me, the third method seems to be hit-and-miss for successful removals.
3. Just press "b". Or you can go to the menu (in book) and select "bookmark".
4. Refer to 3.
5. I don't know for sure, but I would guess that you select the book in your library, go to the menu and select "delete".

Hope these help.

Last edited by MR. Pockets; 02-08-2011 at 01:37 PM. Reason: Formatting issues.
Old 02-07-2011, 04:36 PM   #74
BoomerM3
BoomerM3 will become famous soon enoughBoomerM3 will become famous soon enoughBoomerM3 will become famous soon enoughBoomerM3 will become famous soon enoughBoomerM3 will become famous soon enoughBoomerM3 will become famous soon enough

Thanks Mr. Pockets.
Any shortcut to lookup a word in the dictionary, while you are reading?

peter
BoomerM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 06:06 PM   #75
MR. Pockets
Addict

Not that I have been able to find. But I'm still finding things out so maybe I (or someone else) will find one.