Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers

Notices

Old 09-30-2011, 07:58 AM   #166
acrc1969
acrc1969 began at the beginning.

Device: literati (white)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlessedPsycho View Post
Does anyone know of a good number to reach Literati at? Or anyone involved with them who does support? Here's the sitch:

Back at the end of July, my Literati stopped working. There were just black and white lines running vertical on the screen and pressing the "Reset" button did nothing to help. When I called their support #, I talked to a very nice woman who said it was a problem with the battery and needed to be replaced, which they would do at no charge. They sent a box to my house and said it would take 4-6 weeks for the replacement to arrive.

The FedEx tracking # I have says it was received by them on August 16th, and I've yet to hear anything back from them. I've tried 3 different #s for them but I seem to get redirected to the same line every time. It's the same message. There's a short "Welcome" message, a "your call may be recorded" message, followed by a brief stint on hold complete with Muzak, and then finally a "We apologize" message and a "please call back during peak hours" message, and "Goodbye". It goes exactly the same way each and every time.

I'd really like to know what's going on, but even Kobo is unable to offer anything but another number that directs back to the same line. It doesn't help that their website also seems to be down as well.

Numbers I've tried:
(866) 204-4714 (from Literati user manual)
(800) 481-7983 (from Kobo customer service)
(800) 374-2744 (from Sharper Image website)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Check 4 Coinin,s message he or she has a link 2 their local BBB, that's how i finally got help
acrc1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 02:42 AM   #167
BlessedPsycho
BlessedPsycho began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2.0, Nook Color
Thanks. I actually managed to get a hold of a live person the day after I posted that and everything's been sorted out now. I just my Literati back today, actually! But thanks for the help!
BlessedPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-15-2012, 09:31 PM   #168
JudyV
JudyV began at the beginning.

Device: Literati
I was advised to charge Literati the first time for 6-8 hours. I have been using Literati for over a year with no problem until I DID overcharge it a few times. Then the battery died. Now (with my new replacement) I keep a timer close by and charge it 2-5 hours checking for the full charge indicator now and then.

BIG HINT.... when you go to check it, it may still LOOK like it is not yet charged. Shut it down ... wait a minute and start it up again. More often than not it will then show it is fully charged. NEVER do as I did and leave it for 8 hours or more on the charger.

Last edited by JudyV; 01-15-2012 at 09:33 PM. Reason: add additional notes
JudyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 06:27 PM   #169
BlessedPsycho
BlessedPsycho began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2.0, Nook Color
Does anyone know how I would go about copying eBook files from the LookBook?

I got a Nook Color for Christmas and have basically abandoned my LookBook. However, I did purchase several books through the Kobo Store that are on there, and I'd like to be able to save them to my computer to be put onto my Nook.

Anyone know what system folder I should look under? Or if this can even be done? =S
BlessedPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 11:28 AM   #170
JudyV
JudyV began at the beginning.

Smile

I use Adobe Digital Editions software to store all of my purchased books on my computer. It is free software that also stores and manages ebooks checked out from my public library.

This is free software that is very easy to use. When you have that software on your computer most ebook stores will recognize that as a place to download your new purchases to on your system.

Once ebooks (and I guess PDF books also) are stored in this software program, it is a simple matter to drag and drop a book into any of your ereaders, cell phone, laptops or similar hand held devices.
The device must be turned on before connecting it to the computer. Then open Digital Editions. Authorize the device (per instructions). Then drag and drop etc.

There are other software programs also available but this is the only one I use to move books between different devices. It also lets you have the books on multiple devices, even library books. And if I wanted, I could read the book on the computer itself with this program. The program comes with two classifications: all books and borrowed books. And you can also create libraries to store purchased books by various categories.
JudyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-04-2012, 12:19 AM   #171
DBMaSter
DBMaSter began at the beginning.

The last time I called Literati support in November and December, I got Kobo Support and they were not supporting the Literati very well. They were pushing their own ereader and had no practical advice for me. The wireless aspect of the Literati no longer works. I turn on the wireless and it tries to connect then it turns the wireless off. I did the obligatory factory reset and that did not help at all.

On another note, to transfer ebooks to and from your ereader, regardless of the brand, I recommend using Calibre. It is an ebook management application that can read and convert books from one format to another. It is free and very good.

RWB
DBMaSter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 01:16 PM   #172
threebeers
threebeers began at the beginning.

Device: Palm, Sony, Nook, Literati
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlessedPsycho View Post
Does anyone know how I would go about copying eBook files from the LookBook?

I got a Nook Color for Christmas and have basically abandoned my LookBook. However, I did purchase several books through the Kobo Store that are on there, and I'd like to be able to save them to my computer to be put onto my Nook.

Anyone know what system folder I should look under? Or if this can even be done? =S
You could take a different approach by running CM7 on the Nook off a microsd card (no modification to the Nook Color needed) then downloading the Kobo App off Market and syncing through that app.

There are a hundred other reasons to do this that I won't go into here. Use a Sandisk card.

Google "Size Agnostic XDA" to get started.
threebeers is offline   Reply With Quote