Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-26-2013, 08:19 PM   #16
henriquemaia
Ignorant of many things
henriquemaia can eat soup with a fork.henriquemaia can eat soup with a fork.henriquemaia can eat soup with a fork.henriquemaia can eat soup with a fork.henriquemaia can eat soup with a fork.henriquemaia can eat soup with a fork.henriquemaia can eat soup with a fork.henriquemaia can eat soup with a fork.henriquemaia can eat soup with a fork.henriquemaia can eat soup with a fork.henriquemaia can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
FullBookPageNumbers=true

Love this one!
Thanks for the joy provided.
henriquemaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 04:25 PM   #17
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
One that has been missed is "Screenshots=true". With this, the device periodically takes a screenshot and saves it to the disk. I think there was another option near this that looked like it should set the timing of the screenshots. Of course, the only way to start and stop the screen shots is to connect to the PC and change the setting.
I seem to remember reading that Screenshots used the power switch to trigger the screenshot. Could be misremembering.

Regards,
David
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 06:02 PM   #18
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
[FeatureSettings]
ImageZoom=true

shows also an effect.
this is very interesting for me: it shows the four arrows zoom tool for images also on pages, which allows zooming everything, both the font and figures/tables which only take part of the page, and which would not be "zoomable" without this option. For me, this is a great find!
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 05:19 AM   #19
uboot
Evangelist
uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.

Device: Kobo Mini, Tolino Epos 2
Nice finds!!

I tried the ImageZoom and rebooted the reader but it doesn't show the four arrows. I renamed the book from .epub to kepub.epub, it is now shown with kepub viewer, but still no ImageZoom feature...

Another Question: On the Kobo Mini we have Chess and Sudoku - has anyone found a way to enable the other games (solitaire, word scramble)? I have Firmware 2.8.1...

Last edited by uboot; 08-23-2013 at 06:56 AM.
uboot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 07:54 AM   #20
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uboot View Post
Nice finds!!
I tried the ImageZoom and rebooted the reader but it doesn't show the four arrows. I renamed the book from .epub to kepub.epub, it is now shown with kepub viewer, but still no ImageZoom feature...
The four arrow icon appears if you tap the centre of the screen - I don't have any epub book on my device, simply because I send them all with Joel's plugin - but you can try quickly if you like by simply changing the extension of your book from .epub to epub.kepub to see the effect, then you can revert it back. Interestingly, it also rotates the text to landscape if you like, although you won't be able to access the notes, not to mention that highlighting, page turning, header and footer and tapping to invoke the menu remain as if you were in portrait mode.
Old 08-23-2013, 08:37 AM   #21
uboot
Evangelist
uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.

Thanks! I configured my reader such that the menu will not pop up on center tap, but bottom center tap.

Anyways - I did some more research and it appears to me that:

1.) Image Zoom only works for kepubs
2.) The Image Zoom button _only_ appears if there is a _full screen image_ on the page. It does not show on text pages or on pages containing both - text and images. That's why I thought it didn't work at all...

PS: any ideas on my other question (additional games)?
Old 08-23-2013, 11:37 AM   #22
KevinShort
Addict
KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wifi, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Another Question: On the Kobo Mini we have Chess and Sudoku - has anyone found a way to enable the other games (solitaire, word scramble)? I have Firmware 2.8.1...
I managed to start them by changing the mimetype of a book to x-games-Solitaire or x-games-Crossword, as described in this thread. The crossword game starts up with just the keyboard and two arrows, one of the left and one on the right. My Glo rebooted after just a few seconds. When I start the solitaire game, I just get a menu with this list: Klondike, Double Klondike, Freecell, Spider, Spiderette, and Demon. It looks like I should be able to select one by touching it, but nothing happens when I do.
KevinShort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 01:35 PM   #23
paola
Wizard

Quote:
1.) Image Zoom only works for kepubs
2.) The Image Zoom button _only_ appears if there is a _full screen image_ on the page. It does not show on text pages or on pages containing both - text and images. That's why I thought it didn't work at all...
For kepubs (have not tested epubs yet) the Image zoom button definitely appears on any page on my Mini, whether or not there is a figure, and whether or not if there is a figure it is full page or not. Quite handy. I am on firmware 2.6.1, maybe that makes a difference.

EDIT: I've attached some pictures to explain better what I mean: the first picture shows the arrow button on a page that has only text; the second picture shows it in a page with a small picture. The third shows the context menu called up by pressing the arrow button; the forth shows the enlarged picture; and the last one shows the rotation of a page with only text.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_001.png
Views:	875
Size:	82.3 KB
ID:	109855   Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_002.png
Views:	850
Size:	64.5 KB
ID:	109856   Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_003.png
Views:	817
Size:	63.2 KB
ID:	109857   Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_004.png
Views:	830
Size:	24.4 KB
ID:	109858   Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_005.png
Views:	769
Size:	91.4 KB
ID:	109859  

Last edited by paola; 08-23-2013 at 02:10 PM.
Old 08-28-2013, 05:05 AM   #24
eXistenZ
Connoisseur
eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.

Device: Kobo GLO
This is a great tread, lot of easter eggs hidden in nikel.
On my Glo running 2.8.1:
OnlineWikipedia
PhraseTranslation
Thesaurus
AllowDevConsole
FullBookPageNumbers works well.

But:
ImageZoom
ExportHighlightsEnabled

are not working, I don't know why, I simply added in the Kobo eReader.conf file this text:

Quote:
[FeatureSettings]
AllowDevConsole=true
BookSpecificStats=true
ExportHighlightsEnabled=true
FullBookPageNumbers=true
FullScreenBrowser=true
ImageZoom=true
OnlineWikipedia=true
PhraseTranslation=true
Thesaurus=true
there's a special order in which they need to be inserted?
Or Zoom and ExportHighlights should be not under [FeatureSettings]?
eXistenZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 10:13 AM   #25
uboot
Evangelist

@paola: Thanks for clarification!

So there exists at least a single kepub.epub book (aka "the one I tried") where the image zoom button _does not_ show up on _all_ pages

Or maybe it is a 2.8.1 issue.....
Old 08-28-2013, 03:41 PM   #26
paola
Wizard

Quote:
@paola: Thanks for clarification!

So there exists at least a single kepub.epub book (aka "the one I tried") where the image zoom button _does not_ show up on _all_ pages

Or maybe it is a 2.8.1 issue.....
you know, actually I've checked an epub, and it works there too. It could be a 2.8.1 issues (I am still on 2.6.1), but I also wonder whether it maybe an issue of some command being incompatible. Here is the content of my .conf file (excluding the [services], as they contain my personal web addresses and login credentials):
Quote:
[General]
AIRPLANE_MODE=true
hasSyncedExistingRelatedItems=true
libraryBuilderBlueprint=filterByBookshelf(help)\nv iewBy5Shelf()
selectionStyle=underline

[ApplicationPreferences]
CurrentLocale=en_GB
EarliestChangeLog=2.6.1
HomePageShown=true
LastFTEStep=BEGIN
LastLibrarySorter_all_=sortByTitle()
LastLibrarySorter_books_=sortByTitle()
LastLibrarySorter_books_filterByBundled%28%29=sort ByTitle()
LastLibrarySorter_books_filterByMine%28%29=sortByT itle()
LastLibrarySorter_shelfList_=sortByShelfName()
LastLibrarySorter_shelfList_filterByAddToShelf=sor tByShelfName()
LastLibrarySorter_shelf_filterByBookshelf%28help%2 9=sortByTitle()
LastShelfSorter_books_=sortByTitle()
LastSyncTime=@Variant(\0\0\0\x10\0%{\xcc\x1\xc6\xc 7|\x2)
PromotionsAvailable=true
QuickTourShown=true
showFirstTimeExperience=0

[FeatureSettings]
FullBookPageNumbers=true
ImageZoom=true
OnlineWikipedia=true
PhraseTranslation=true
Thesaurus=true
Screenshots=true

[Reading]
numPartialUpdatePageTurns=1
readingAdobeShowPageNumbers=false
readingFontFamily=Malabar
readingFontSize=21
readingFontWeight\Fontin="@Variant(\0\0\0\x87=#\xd 7\n)"
readingLeftMargin=0
readingLineHeight=1.4
readingRightMargin=0
Old 09-12-2013, 08:02 AM   #27
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by henriquemaia View Post
FullBookPageNumbers=true

Love this one!
Thanks for the joy provided.
Me too!! I've been screaming for this since I can remember! Yay!

In combination with this "p {padding-bottom:0 !important;}" (among other things) in here "kepub-book.css" as per here, reading kepubs is now fun!
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 08:16 AM   #28
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Anybody know what the maximum value is for

[PowerOptions]
AutoOffMinutes=60

I've tried 1440 (24 hours), but it changes back to 60. I've just tried 900 (15 hours), and the UI changed back to 15 mins (weird), but so far, my Glo has only gone to sleep after 15 mins, not off. So it MIGHT be working, I don't know.

I'm extra uncertain because, when I set page refresh to 20 (see below), the UI says "OH THE HUMANITY!" instead of going back to 6, and it does actually only page refresh every 20 pages.

[Reading]
numPartialUpdatePageTurns=20
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 08:48 AM   #29
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Often View Post
Anybody know what the maximum value is for

[PowerOptions]
AutoOffMinutes=60

I've tried 1440 (24 hours), but it changes back to 60. I've just tried 900 (15 hours), and the UI changed back to 15 mins (weird), but so far, my Glo has only gone to sleep after 15 mins, not off. So it MIGHT be working, I don't know.
This was discussed recently in https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=220699. That has mixed results reported. Later I tried about three hours. I think it worked, but I wasn't paying attention to exactly when it powered off.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 09:14 AM   #30
vandafc
Connoisseur
vandafc might easily be mistaken for a Texanvandafc might easily be mistaken for a Texanvandafc might easily be mistaken for a Texanvandafc might easily be mistaken for a Texanvandafc might easily be mistaken for a Texanvandafc might easily be mistaken for a Texanvandafc might easily be mistaken for a Texanvandafc might easily be mistaken for a Texanvandafc might easily be mistaken for a Texanvandafc might easily be mistaken for a Texanvandafc might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Glo, Kindle 3
1000 Thanks! Screenshots effectively used the power switch to trigger the screenshot
vandafc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
nickel, wikipedia