Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 05-04-2013, 11:52 PM   #1
mrpop
mrpop began at the beginning.

Device: sony PRST1
PRST1 Can not open to Home screen

Help me please

My sony Reader PRST1 Can not open to Home screen.

And can not be connected to a computer to transfer data via the USB port

it has popup box show Message

Sory ! the application home has stopped unexpectedly

How to solve this problem ?

Thanks for all the suggestions
mrpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 08:26 AM   #2
bla
E bookworm
bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T1,Android Tablet, I phone
Step 1... fully charge the device
Step 2 do a Soft reset (paperclip) repeat the reset if it doesn't fix it .. good luck
bla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 09:31 PM   #3
mrpop

Quote:
Originally Posted by bla View Post
Step 1... fully charge the device
Step 2 do a Soft reset (paperclip) repeat the reset if it doesn't fix it .. good luck
Thank you

I have done that you suggestion but i can not solve this problem.

At screen show message " sorry ! The application Home has stopped

unexpectedly. Please try again.

and have button "Force close"

when i press button "Force close"

the message " sorry ! The application Home has stopped

unexpectedly. Please try again. then i press screen show message

the appear all time

Old 05-05-2013, 09:42 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I suggest you download one of the restore firmware files and flash the T1. As long as you can plug it into the USB and get the USB to recognize the T1.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 10:03 PM   #5
mrpop

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I suggest you download one of the restore firmware files and flash the T1. As long as you can plug it into the USB and get the USB to recognize the T1.
thank you

i have done follow your suggestion but T1 cannot connect computer in "data tranfer mode"

i seem at the top left conner of T1 show message <-- USB Data connected

but i cannot enter page data tranfer mode and cannot click button to connect T1

to computer

the screen still show message "Sorry! The application Home stopped unexpectedly.Please try again.
Old 05-06-2013, 06:15 PM   #6
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
Can you give more details on your device? Is it clean out of the box? Have you rooted or made modifications in any way & if so which? Nobody can properly help you without giving more details.
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 05:51 PM   #7
ChrisG
ChrisG began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRST1
I have the same problem with my PRST1. Yesterday the book I was reading froze completely. I used the reset button and the reader opened onto the android home page. I tried starting reader software from there but it would not start up. Have tried all the options I can think of, several restarts, powering off and on checked through the system to see if there is a way of designating reader as start up page. etc. Today I installed the new, correct, version of Reader software via my computer but this has not fixed the problem. I can open my books by going to the Reader content manager but have lost all the collections, just get the list of books from SD card. Reader itself will not open directly - the loading arrows just keep going round, as yesterday. I have used the android hack for a year now without problems. now my mac won;t recognise the device either although I was able to install the new software to my device via my mac earlier today. Any suggestions anyone? It all plainly still works up to a point, the problem is in the start up and I can't see a way to fix it. Have tried to do a factory reset but that doesn't work either. I like the Sony and would prefer not to replace it but can't manage the books as it stands.

Last edited by ChrisG; 05-14-2013 at 05:56 PM.
ChrisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 08:12 PM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
OK, here's a possible solution. Try one of the restore sets from http://projects.mobileread.com/reade...lash_packages/. You may need a microSD card which in this case is a good thing.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote