Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 05-19-2011, 01:43 PM   #1
hakan42
Zealot
hakan42 is on a distinguished road

Device: Nook Classic rooted; Galaxy S IV with Aldiko, other older devices
Automatic store syncher - What kind of plugin?

Hi guys,

I want to create a plugin that automatically downloads (and stores in calibre) all the books I bought from a certain store. The first stores would be the black library (http://www.blacklibrary.com/ebooks) and my subscription at beam ebooks (http://www.beam-ebooks.de/perry-rhodan) which put three to four new files into my private shelf every week.

The plugins need to keep authentication info per store so they can access my private shelves.

What kind of plugin would be best to create for this? My first idea would have been to create "store" plugins so I can use them from the "Get Books" menu item. On the other hand, I'd like that stuff to be automatically run like the "Get News" stuff... Ideas anyone?

Regards,
Hakan (who should do more reading and less coding)
hakan42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 02:54 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I would suggest an interface action plugins. They are notified at GUI startup so they can run a timer to check periodically and they have full access to all of calibre.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 07:52 PM   #3
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
You can even have plugins that reference other plugins. So you could create a GUI plugin that uses store download plugins you've made. This way you can easily add new ones. This is how I implemented "Get books".
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 05:19 AM   #4
hakan42
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by user_none View Post
You can even have plugins that reference other plugins. So you could create a GUI plugin that uses store download plugins you've made. This way you can easily add new ones. This is how I implemented "Get books".
Thank you, this sounds like the perfect way to go...

Over the weekend, when I actually get around to work on the plugins, I'll pilfer your store plugins for ideas

Regards,
Hakan
Old 01-02-2012, 03:28 AM   #5
Rince123
Rince123 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Good morning,

I have the same question basically - since I use beam-ebooks to read (weekly) my perry-rhodan and other series, I'd like calibre to download it automatically.
Additionally, I'd like to have it as periodical, like "Die Zeit", so I can have bundles of these stories. Is that possible?
Rince123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 05:49 AM   #6
hakan42
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rince123 View Post
Good morning,

I have the same question basically - since I use beam-ebooks to read (weekly) my perry-rhodan and other series, I'd like calibre to download it automatically.
Additionally, I'd like to have it as periodical, like "Die Zeit", so I can have bundles of these stories. Is that possible?
Wow, I couldn't imagine that I stopped working on this on May...

I still don't have a good solution for the auto-download problem from beam, but the good news is that I resumed my work on calibre, so there might be some solution for this problem in the upcoming weeks / months.

What I do in the meantime is adding the beam OPDS feed to my Aldiko library. That way, I download the current PR issue ( immediately on Thursday, 00:00, half a second after the download link is active ), and after that, leave it to AldikoSync to distribute the book to my other readers.

Regards,
Hakan
Old 01-04-2012, 03:34 AM   #7
Rince123
Rince123 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by hakan42 View Post
What I do in the meantime is adding the beam OPDS feed to my Aldiko library. That way, I download the current PR issue ( immediately on Thursday, 00:00, half a second after the download link is active ), and after that, leave it to AldikoSync to distribute the book to my other readers.
Hmm, sounds interesting, I have to check what OPDS and Aldikosync is... at least Aldiko on my tablet can reach Beam without problems and download directly Something similar for Calibre would be great.

If you need a beta-tester, just tell me
Rince123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
downloader, plugin development, store