Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 10-14-2011, 01:15 PM   #1
jbaach
Connoisseur
jbaach can self-interpret dreams as they happen.jbaach can self-interpret dreams as they happen.jbaach can self-interpret dreams as they happen.jbaach can self-interpret dreams as they happen.jbaach can self-interpret dreams as they happen.jbaach can self-interpret dreams as they happen.jbaach can self-interpret dreams as they happen.jbaach can self-interpret dreams as they happen.jbaach can self-interpret dreams as they happen.jbaach can self-interpret dreams as they happen.jbaach can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: prs 505, pocketbook 903, onyx boox m92
ugly font rendering ('not enough ink')

Hi *,

a pb 903 just got delivered, and I am a bit disappointed with the font rendering. To me it looks rather light, greyish, irregular and fuzzy. Some lines are ok, some lines look there wasn't enough ink in the cardrigde (if it was an inkjet printed paper). I notice this with epub (fbreader, adobeviewer) as well as with pdfs. My old sony prs 505 had better font rendering then this. Any ideas on how to correct this?

Cheers,

Joerg

P.S: I am on the the D903.2.0.6.20110331_130711 firmware.

Last edited by jbaach; 10-14-2011 at 01:18 PM. Reason: added firmware version
jbaach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 02:50 PM   #2
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
can you post a picture?
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 03:23 PM   #3
jbaach
Connoisseur
jbaach can self-interpret dreams as they happen.jbaach can self-interpret dreams as they happen.jbaach can self-interpret dreams as they happen.jbaach can self-interpret dreams as they happen.jbaach can self-interpret dreams as they happen.jbaach can self-interpret dreams as they happen.jbaach can self-interpret dreams as they happen.jbaach can self-interpret dreams as they happen.jbaach can self-interpret dreams as they happen.jbaach can self-interpret dreams as they happen.jbaach can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulin's Books View Post
can you post a picture?
Here you go:

http://baach.de/static/pb903text.jpg
http://baach.de/static/pb903text3.jpg

(not the best quality, but all my n900 offers)

E.g. if you look at the second picture, fourth paragraph, "But he brought" - the difference between the upper and lower bits of the 'B' look like that on the device as well.

The problem is more visible in reality :-/ It also seems to look better after a reboot, and gets worse over time...

Cheers,

Joerg
Old 10-14-2011, 05:47 PM   #4
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbaach View Post
It also seems to look better after a reboot, and gets worse over time...

What are your settings under page refresh?
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 10:34 PM   #5
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
yeah you just need to set your page refresh to a level you prefer. it looks like you may have it set to never
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 05:13 AM   #6
jbaach
Connoisseur

My settings:

http://baach.de/static/appearance3.jpg

The last line shows the washed out text quite nicely, and please also note the 'stripes' in the icons. In reality its more visible then on the picture.

I have the feeling that changing 'full page update' doesn't make too much of a difference (if at all).

Thanks for your help,

Joerg
Old 10-15-2011, 09:40 AM   #7
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Judging from your pictures i think there is something wrong with your screen.

Jörg, vielleicht kannst Dich an Deinen Händler wenden oder an Forkosigan, der im deutschen Teil dieses Forums sehr aktiv ist (vielleicht per PM oder im deutschen Teil Dein Anliegen noch einmal vortragen). Forkosigan ist offizieller Vertreter von Pocketbook.
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 04:46 AM   #8
jbaach
Connoisseur

Thanks all for the advice - I decided to just return the device to the seller. I am just not in the position to judge wether the display is ok or not :-(
Old 10-17-2011, 04:15 PM   #9
PocketGoods
Banned
PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: PB360
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbaach View Post
Thanks all for the advice - I decided to just return the device to the seller. I am just not in the position to judge wether the display is ok or not :-(
Hello, Joerg.

It is indeed not normal. Unfortunately it seems you 've got one of "Monday production" devices. As you mentioned, send it back and I'll refund your payment immediately.
PocketGoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 07:08 AM   #10
jbaach
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketGoods View Post
It is indeed not normal. Unfortunately it seems you 've got one of "Monday production" devices. As you mentioned, send it back and I'll refund your payment immediately.
Thanks a lot for acknowledging the issue, and your support via email. The device is in the hands of hermes now :-)

Cheers,

Joerg

Tags
display, font, rendering, text