Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-13-2010, 06:07 PM   #1
powwaw
powwaw began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle G3
Hi, New To The Group

I've been following and reading for quite awhile before I bought my K3. I've had it for about a month and have been enjoying it with the 3.0.3 update, I at once found the page turning much, much faster. I haven't found a need to implement any other hack though.

I put a Decal Girl skin on it and purchased an inexpensive foam zip cover for it on Amazon. I like it, very much.

I use Calibre to convert books found in other places and the News function, which I didn't think I'd use much has proven very useful. I hope my meager $10 donation to Calibre has helped somehow.

I just put Linux Mint 10 on my eeePC Netbook and copied / pasted the code into the terminal. It worked flawlessly. By default it put a shortcut in my Office folder. Now the question I have is: What files or folders do I need to copy from my Windows machine to my Netbook to have all of my books in sync?

Thank you very much for all your help!

-eric
powwaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 06:20 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, Eric.

If you don't get a satisfactory answer here, you might try posting your question in the Kindle forum....
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-13-2010, 06:24 PM   #3
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
If you don't get a satisfactory answer here, you might try posting your question in the Kindle forum....
Or the Calibre forum.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 06:37 PM   #4
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Or the Calibre forum.
yep, what he said.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 09:02 PM   #5
Jcas
Zealot
Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Kindle PW2,Kindle DXG,iPhone 4
Welcome to MobileRead, enjoy the forum ..
Jcas is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-13-2010, 09:18 PM   #6
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
Quote:
Originally Posted by powwaw View Post
I just put Linux Mint 10 on my eeePC Netbook and copied / pasted the code into the terminal. It worked flawlessly. By default it put a shortcut in my Office folder. Now the question I have is: What files or folders do I need to copy from my Windows machine to my Netbook to have all of my books in sync?

Thank you very much for all your help!

-eric
Copy the directory where you kept your ebooks on your windows machine and copy it to your netbook... and when you install Calibre on the netbook point to the same directory you copied and whala! All should be right in life
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote