Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

View Poll Results: What improvments would you like to see for the Glowlight 3?
Increase visual readability of Links/Dictionary 7 87.50%
Display Chapter page information while reading 3 37.50%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-15-2018, 04:52 PM   #1
dmevis
Enthusiast
dmevis began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Glowlight 3
Glowlight 3 Requested Improvements

I believe it would be useful for the NOOK Users on this forum to submit what they would like to see in the way of improvements to the Glowlight 3 (only). I can submit the listing of requested changes to the NOOK Development Team.

It looks like the Poll cannot be updated after it is created. So, please post your requested improvement in this thread, and I will put all of them in a new poll. Please do not list items that someone else has already listed.

Last edited by dmevis; 01-15-2018 at 05:34 PM.
dmevis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 05:01 PM   #2
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Be able to sideload fonts.
More font size choices.
More line spacing choices.
More margin choices.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-15-2018, 05:33 PM   #3
dmevis
Enthusiast
dmevis began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Glowlight 3
Option to not display Book Title when reading the book.
Ability to use the currently read book cover as the screensaver.
Ability to use your own screensaver.
Bring back the "current read" icon on the top left.
Access to the Android browser.
dmevis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 06:00 PM   #4
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
I voted for the greyed out dictionary, though that's not a huge issue for me.

I don't understand the "Display Chapter page information while reading." If you touch the middle of the screen, it is displayed on the slider on the bottom. I actually like that a lot more.

I'd like to second dmevis with:
  • Option to not display Book Title when reading the book.
  • Bring back the "current read" icon on the top left.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 06:01 PM   #5
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
More font size choices.
More margin choices.
I always said I'd like Nook hardware with Kobo software. Looks like you agree
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-15-2018, 07:37 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Most of the requests are already available in Kobo Readers.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 07:49 PM   #7
raindog89
Connoisseur
raindog89 can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.raindog89 can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.raindog89 can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.raindog89 can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.raindog89 can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.raindog89 can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.raindog89 can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.raindog89 can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.raindog89 can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.raindog89 can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.raindog89 can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Kobo Clara HD & Nook Glowlight 3
1- Access to built in browser!

2 - Restoring the Current Read icon to the top status bar.

3 - Screen Saver control. Restoring the use accessible folder would be great, an option to display the current book cover even better.
raindog89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 06:41 AM   #8
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
More font size choices.
More margin choices.
And to expand on this...

By "more" I don't mean one or two. I would like to see many choices close to the size that I want. If I want to read with a big font, I want a lot of choices on the large end. If I want to read with small font, I want a lot of choices in the small range. ... So I want a lot more choices.
Old 01-16-2018, 12:49 PM   #9
tiltowait
Zealot
tiltowait considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.tiltowait considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.tiltowait considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.tiltowait considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.tiltowait considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.tiltowait considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.tiltowait considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.tiltowait considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.tiltowait considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.tiltowait considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.tiltowait considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.

Device: Kobo Aura One
To request yet another feature that Kobo has: Book covers as screensavers.
tiltowait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 01:25 PM   #10
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It's actually easier to get a Kobo and these features then to hope B&N implements them.
Old 01-16-2018, 01:46 PM   #11
John F
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
I always said I'd like Nook hardware with Kobo software. Looks like you agree
Actually, I'd like Nook hardware with Kobo patched software.
Old 01-16-2018, 02:08 PM   #12
Pajamaman
Wizard
Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Nova
1) Bring back Caecilia.

2) Also make the bold (thicker) option for fonts thicker/heavier.

3) Introduce a system to be able create collections via Calibre (Okay, this is just dreaming

Last edited by Pajamaman; 01-16-2018 at 02:14 PM.
Pajamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 02:31 PM   #13
raindog89
Connoisseur
raindog89 can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.raindog89 can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.raindog89 can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.raindog89 can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.raindog89 can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.raindog89 can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.raindog89 can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.raindog89 can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.raindog89 can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.raindog89 can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.raindog89 can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Kobo Clara HD & Nook Glowlight 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
It's actually easier to get a Kobo and these features then to hope B&N implements them.
An $120 Kobo with color temp light, 6GB of storage and physical page buttons?
Don't think so.

Perhaps those features aren't important to you, but I like them.
raindog89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 02:57 PM   #14
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

From Chapters, a Kobo Aura H2O2 is about $173 USD (including shipping), The nook Glowlight 3 is $119.99 without sales tax. That's a $53 difference. The H2O2 has 8GB ram and the comfortlight (orange light). Plus it is a 6.8" screen and has most f the features asked for in this thread.

The difference is worth it to get a larger screen and the features you want.
Old 01-16-2018, 05:01 PM   #15
Larla
Addict
Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Tab S5E 12" Tablet
I think H202 has 4Gb --
Larla is offline   Reply With Quote