Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > PDF

Notices

Old 07-12-2015, 10:45 PM   #1096
amiroo
amiroo is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.amiroo is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.amiroo is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.amiroo is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.amiroo is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.amiroo is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.amiroo is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.amiroo is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.amiroo is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.amiroo is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.amiroo is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
Hi willus
By changing the setting for Paperwhite the quality increased a lot. Thanks for your good software that after reflow solved two basic problem of Paperwhite; missing letters and bad quality of scanned pdf.
Have a good day
amiroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 10:11 PM   #1097
mikedemarais
mikedemarais is a rising star in the heavensmikedemarais is a rising star in the heavensmikedemarais is a rising star in the heavensmikedemarais is a rising star in the heavensmikedemarais is a rising star in the heavensmikedemarais is a rising star in the heavensmikedemarais is a rising star in the heavensmikedemarais is a rising star in the heavensmikedemarais is a rising star in the heavensmikedemarais is a rising star in the heavensmikedemarais is a rising star in the heavens

Device: kindle paperwhite
download mirror?

hey willus!

worst of luck, i just got my new kindle in the mail but willus.com seems to be down!

are there any mirrors for the download?
mikedemarais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 12:46 PM   #1098
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat
willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Use willus.org/k2pdfopt while I sort my site out.

Last edited by willus; 08-01-2015 at 08:19 PM. Reason: Added hyperlink
willus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 09:14 PM   #1099
amiroo
amiroo is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.amiroo is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.amiroo is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.amiroo is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.amiroo is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.amiroo is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.amiroo is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.amiroo is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.amiroo is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.amiroo is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.amiroo is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

some part of text remain small in reflowing scanned pdf

Hi Willus
I did many settings but as see in attachment some part of the text still remain small (seems not reflowed)?
Cheers
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	kindle PW2 reflow.jpg
Views:	305
Size:	190.2 KB
ID:	140699  
Old 08-01-2015, 09:30 PM   #1100
amiroo

some part of text remain small in reflowing scanned pdf

I forgot to attach the original page (before reflow) in previous post
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	original file.png
Views:	273
Size:	24.4 KB
ID:	140700  
Old 08-02-2015, 08:23 PM   #1101
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat
willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amiroo View Post
Hi Willus
I did many settings but as see in attachment some part of the text still remain small (seems not reflowed)?
Cheers
The document looks skewed. Try checking the "autostraighten" box. If that does not help, please post or PM me the source PDF file.

PS. Site is back up.
Old 08-02-2015, 08:52 PM   #1102
amiroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by willus View Post
The document looks skewed. Try checking the "autostraighten" box. If that does not help, please post or PM me the source PDF file.

PS. Site is back up.
Hi Willus,
By Autostraighten (as see in photo) some part of text size back to normal size but still there are some small fonts part. I will send the source pdf to you now. Regards
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	some small fonts.png
Views:	212
Size:	341.4 KB
ID:	140722  
Old 08-02-2015, 09:26 PM   #1103
amiroo

Quote:
Hi Willus,
By Autostraighten (as see in photo) some part of text size back to normal size but still there are some small fonts part. I will send the source pdf to you now. Regards
Willus,
I sent the source pdf as PM to you. Note that the page I showed is only an example and I have he problem in almost all pages of the book.
Regards
Old 08-03-2015, 09:05 AM   #1104
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat

Quote:
Hi Willus,
I haven't been able to look at your source PDF yet, but try setting -gtr higher, e.g. put

-gtr .05

... into the "Additional options" box. Or try 0.1 or 0.2 for the value (the default is .006). This adjusts the threshold which allows k2pdfopt to split lines of text. See my FAQ, fourth question from the end ("Sometimes I get multiple rows of text...").
Old 08-03-2015, 11:46 AM   #1105
amiroo

Quote:
I haven't been able to look at your source PDF yet, but try setting -gtr higher, e.g. put

-gtr .05

... into the "Additional options" box. Or try 0.1 or 0.2 for the value (the default is .006). This adjusts the threshold which allows k2pdfopt to split lines of text. See my FAQ, fourth question from the end ("Sometimes I get multiple rows of text...").
Hi Willus,
My text has no figure so I used -gtr 0.1 and everything seems to be ok now.
I truly appreciate your supporting attitude.
Good night
Old 08-09-2015, 06:21 AM   #1106
oguzonat
Enthusiast
oguzonat can read faster than his screen refreshesoguzonat can read faster than his screen refreshesoguzonat can read faster than his screen refreshesoguzonat can read faster than his screen refreshesoguzonat can read faster than his screen refreshesoguzonat can read faster than his screen refreshesoguzonat can read faster than his screen refreshesoguzonat can read faster than his screen refreshesoguzonat can read faster than his screen refreshesoguzonat can read faster than his screen refreshesoguzonat can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Paperwhite 2, dxg
Thank you for this really beneficial application.

However I cannot use its features fully (yes I am a litte bit incompetent ). Due to that my pdf files are messy and not as I'd like them to be.

I use Kindle dxg, and hope to recieve some help.

My pdf file has some images, those came out really big in conversion
Also pdf file has some different fonts and those came out really small after process

Any help is appriciated
Thank you in advance.

Take care
oguzonat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 02:52 PM   #1107
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by oguzonat View Post
Thank you for this really beneficial application.

However I cannot use its features fully (yes I am a litte bit incompetent ). Due to that my pdf files are messy and not as I'd like them to be.

I use Kindle dxg, and hope to recieve some help.

My pdf file has some images, those came out really big in conversion
Also pdf file has some different fonts and those came out really small after process

Any help is appriciated
Thank you in advance.

Take care
Can you please post the source PDF or PM it to me? Also, what platform are you running on (Windows, Mac, Linux)?

Last edited by willus; 08-09-2015 at 02:55 PM.
Old 08-09-2015, 04:28 PM   #1108
oguzonat
Enthusiast
oguzonat can read faster than his screen refreshesoguzonat can read faster than his screen refreshesoguzonat can read faster than his screen refreshesoguzonat can read faster than his screen refreshesoguzonat can read faster than his screen refreshesoguzonat can read faster than his screen refreshesoguzonat can read faster than his screen refreshesoguzonat can read faster than his screen refreshesoguzonat can read faster than his screen refreshesoguzonat can read faster than his screen refreshesoguzonat can read faster than his screen refreshes

Sure willus ty I'll pm them to you

My desktop runs on win7 64bits
Old 08-09-2015, 11:44 PM   #1109
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by oguzonat View Post
Sure willus ty I'll pm them to you

My desktop runs on win7 64bits
The good news is that your file is a natively generated file, so it's really clean, but the bad news is that the layout is quite complicated and variable (some pages with notes in the margins, some pages with 2 columns, lots of different figure positions and placements).

This is the best I've got so far, but it doesn't separate the columns on the 2-column pages:

k2pdfopt -nle -nro file.pdf

The -nle (notes left side on even pages) and -nro (notes right side on odd pages) look for notes in the margins and separate them out, and that seems to work pretty well. I'll have to look into why the 2-column pages don't work.

Last edited by willus; 08-09-2015 at 11:49 PM.
Old 08-10-2015, 05:32 AM   #1110
oguzonat
Enthusiast

Quote:
The good news is that your file is a natively generated file, so it's really clean, but the bad news is that the layout is quite complicated and variable (some pages with notes in the margins, some pages with 2 columns, lots of different figure positions and placements).

This is the best I've got so far, but it doesn't separate the columns on the 2-column pages:

k2pdfopt -nle -nro file.pdf

The -nle (notes left side on even pages) and -nro (notes right side on odd pages) look for notes in the margins and separate them out, and that seems to work pretty well. I'll have to look into why the 2-column pages don't work.
it is exactly as you said, but i think it is significantly improved so thank you, i am expecting to hear from you

Tags
ebook apps, k5 tools, kindle tools, kindle touch, tools