Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-20-2018, 07:54 PM   #1
tatteredscroll
Enthusiast
tatteredscroll will become famous soon enoughtatteredscroll will become famous soon enoughtatteredscroll will become famous soon enoughtatteredscroll will become famous soon enoughtatteredscroll will become famous soon enoughtatteredscroll will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle
Calibre 3.22.1 update epub2 -> epub3

Is there an automated way to update all epubs in my library from 2 to 3? So far, I only see where you right-click, Edit...Tools, Upgrade.

FWIW, I found this 'what changed' list
https://www.edrlab.org/epub/epub2-vs-epub3/
tatteredscroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 08:13 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Not at the moment, but once the functionality has matured it will be added to the Polish books tool.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 08:31 PM   #3
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwcasey View Post
Is there an automated way to update all epubs in my library from 2 to 3? So far, I only see where you right-click, Edit...Tools, Upgrade.

FWIW, I found this 'what changed' list
https://www.edrlab.org/epub/epub2-vs-epub3/
Thanks for the link
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 09:00 PM   #4
tatteredscroll
Enthusiast
tatteredscroll will become famous soon enoughtatteredscroll will become famous soon enoughtatteredscroll will become famous soon enoughtatteredscroll will become famous soon enoughtatteredscroll will become famous soon enoughtatteredscroll will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Not at the moment, but once the functionality has matured it will be added to the Polish books tool.
Nice. And, I just added Polish Books to my Main Toolbar (didn't know it was in there ) and W O W !! Thanks! Nice tool.
tatteredscroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 08:04 AM   #5
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
@kovid, A couple of comments about this new feature...
  1. Might it also be an idea to rename all text files to have the .xhtml extension as part of the update? An EPUB2 which epubcheck says is error-free, will give errors (warning only) for any .html files in the EPUB3 after the update. (I know you don't rate epubcheck so please don't shoot the messenger )
  2. If users are updating to EPUB3 so they can use some EPUB3 features (e.g. epub:type=...) it might be useful to auto-add the epub namespace to the <html> tag of every text file as part of the update.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 08:15 AM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
1. Is a totally useless waste -- unnecessarily making the process slower (renaming means all links also have to be updated) just to satisfy the useless (and now thankfully no longer developed) epubcheck.

2. Sure open a bug report for it so I dont forget.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 08:58 AM   #7
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
2. Sure open a bug report for it so I dont forget.
Done. Bug/enhancement #1765944
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote