Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-15-2018, 10:13 AM   #1
Luck64
Luck64 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
Send just the "page count file"?

Hi there.

Is there a way to send to my Kindle only the "page count file"?

I love Amazon Cloud because I can read my third party books from my Kindle and from my phone, but the thing is that the page count is missing. I think it's really useful because I get to know how much time this chapter will last (the "Time left in book" is never accurate in my Kindle).

I already have the Count pages plugin installed, so I'd like to send only the file generated by this plugin (because I've already sent the book by email using Calibre).

The only problem I see with this solution is that in my phone I wouldn't get the page number, but I do not mind, I do not read as often in my phone as I do on my Kindle. If you have another solution in mind (other than sending the file directly from Calibre to the Kindle) don't hesitate in letting me know.

Sorry if this have been already asked, I've searched a lot but found nothing.

See ya'

Last edited by Luck64; 04-15-2018 at 09:07 PM.
Luck64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 06:33 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@Luck64 - there is no 'page count file' as suc. The data from the Count Pages plugin is stored in metadata database. You'll need to write a plugin that extracts the relevant data for selected books from the database and sends it to your Kindle in what is presumably an Amazon proprietary format.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 07:01 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Amazon uses page number information in a separate, sidecar file. And as far as I know, on non-eink devices there is no easy way to send that file to the device in a manner to make the amazon software aware of it.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 09:07 PM   #4
Luck64
Luck64 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
Well, I'll have to stick to page locations. Thank you both for your replies!
Luck64 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, count, kindle, page, send