Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Related Tools

Notices

Old 03-30-2019, 07:16 PM   #1696
mariosipad
Guru
mariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watch

Device: iPad & iPhone with Marvin 2 + 3 & Kobo Glo HD
Did you install cops like this:
Code:
git clone https://github.com/seblucas/cops.git # or download lastest zip see below
cd cops
wget https://getcomposer.org/composer.phar
php composer.phar global require "fxp/composer-asset-plugin:~1.1"
php composer.phar install --no-dev --optimize-autoloader
I do not know if that is even possible on a QNAP.

If not, use version 1.1.2 from the cops release page.

You best bet is to keep using version 1.1.1. Why fix it if it ain’t broken?
mariosipad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 07:47 PM   #1697
MontyJ
Addict
MontyJ began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariosipad View Post
Did you install cops like this:
Code:
git clone https://github.com/seblucas/cops.git # or download lastest zip see below
cd cops
wget https://getcomposer.org/composer.phar
php composer.phar global require "fxp/composer-asset-plugin:~1.1"
php composer.phar install --no-dev --optimize-autoloader
I do not know if that is even possible on a QNAP.

If not, use version 1.1.2 from the cops release page.

You best bet is to keep using version 1.1.1. Why fix it if it ain’t broken?
I downloaded the .zip file from github to my linux pc. I unzipped it there, then did a ssh copy/paste into the QNAP cops111 folder.

I think I will try it one more time, but this time will delete all existing files/folders first, copy 1.1.3 files over, then copy the old config_local.php file in and see what happens.

If that still doesn't work, I will try 1.1.2, and if that doesn't work, well, yes, I will decide nothing is broken after all...
MontyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-30-2019, 08:31 PM   #1698
MontyJ
Addict
MontyJ began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
@Mariosipad: Well, I did not have any luck with 1.1.3. But when I tried 1.1.2, it popped right in, new fonts and all, using the same basic process I used for 1.1.3.

Something seems amiss in 1.1.3.

Thanks for the assist!

Monty
MontyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 10:38 PM   #1699
zundengan
zundengan began at the beginning.

Device: readwithtoutdownloadingapp
i have installed this through container on qnap

https://hub.docker.com/r/linuxserver/cops/tags

no commands needed

installed the 1.1.2ls9 (i think it is latest version) because my nas is x86 processor

created a folder named COPS on my container folder (its created by container station when installed)

on advanced settings: network i left it has NAT changed host port to 54321 and container port 80

on host shared folders i shared my cops folder and entered \config
and shared my calibre library folder and entered \books.

and i think it is up an running when i put on my browser localhostip:54321

Click image for larger version

Name:	i39Rbkk.png
Views:	279
Size:	215.0 KB
ID:	170489

I just can´t use it on my tablet on all apps... well i can access and setup an online library, but i cant add the books to the app bookshelf and i would like that.

I suppose it has something to do with html settings on the apps like moon reader but i cant seem to figure that out.

because i just want to read it via streaming.

can someone give me some hints on this, i would like to access my library on my android tablet.

(dont know how to put image smaller)

Last edited by pdurrant; 03-31-2019 at 10:01 AM. Reason: picture too big
zundengan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 11:56 PM   #1700
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by zundengan View Post
I just can´t use it on my tablet on all apps... well i can access and setup an online library, but i cant add the books to the app bookshelf and i would like that.

I suppose it has something to do with html settings on the apps like moon reader but i cant seem to figure that out.

because i just want to read it via streaming.

can someone give me some hints on this, i would like to access my library on my android tablet.
Pretty sure most (if not all) epub and PDF reader apps on Android require downloading the ebooks and not just streaming them.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-31-2019, 12:26 AM   #1701
zundengan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
Pretty sure most (if not all) epub and PDF reader apps on Android require downloading the ebooks and not just streaming them.
thank you very much for your answer.

i enjoy when people correct me when I am wrong, especially when iam trying to learn and ask for help.

i opened a thread with my doubt its right above this thread.

"of course" when you stream you are downloading.

the thing is on comics i think you can "stream" "read online" or whatever is the correct term without downloading and storing your ebooks, even if you are reading 3 or 4 books... because its images i suppose it is easier... it "streams/downloads" a page you exit app, and there is no file on storage, and i can go back at the book another day.

But what i really want is just to see my opds online library and catalog on the app bookshelf, import personal opds library and read it, download it stream it when i want, because that is actually my bookshelf and want to look at it at the front page of the app and not via a menu tab of the app.

Kuboo and ubooquity allow that (there's no poster view of thumbnails of comics and pretty bookshelves like ebook readers, but does that).

this would be a nice feature for all the apps out there i suppose, i am just looking for one that already allows me to see all my opds library books on the books front menu of the app and not in a hidden tab, and an empty bookshelf... i don't want to store my living room books on the down drawer of my bookshelf armor in analogy to the apps.

iam just looking for an app with that ability... think of plex for books... movies on nas... pretty neat library movie poster views on pc/tv/phone and use it.

i don't want to sound rude, but iam pretty frustrated not being able to find an app for that and not being able to build one myself.

i really appreciate your help and learning with you.
Old 03-31-2019, 02:56 AM   #1702
zundengan

well, nevermind i found an easy and cool solution for my problem between posts.

installed calibre web on container station, which is awesome, added the bookmark of calibre on the menu screen of my tablet and that's it.

Simple as that

A fancy app would be better...

thanks
Old 04-05-2019, 09:35 AM   #1703
bennor
bennor began at the beginning.

Device: Nexus 7
Is there a special setting or configuration that needs to be done to get COPs to work with an NFS mounted network Share when using a Raspberry Pi as the COP server? COPs works with a CIFS network mounted share but when using NFS COPs shows a blank light blue background page and the checkconfig.php hangs with a light blue background. When mounted the NFS share and it's contents including Calibre db file are visible.
bennor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 11:59 AM   #1704
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I can't help but think this is more of a web server related question as to whether or not three web server can access files stored on an NFS share
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 12:44 PM   #1705
bennor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
I can't help but think this is more of a web server related question as to whether or not three web server can access files stored on an NFS share
The web server is Lighttpd. Not seeing any special settings specific to Lighttpd with respect to NFS in a quick internet search.
Old 04-05-2019, 06:00 PM   #1706
mariosipad
Guru
mariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watch

1. does cops work with a local (as on the Raspberry Pi) database?

2. did you end your path (in config_local.php) with a / ?

Code:
/*
     * The directory containing calibre's metadata.db file, with sub-directories
     * containing all the formats.
     * BEWARE : it has to end with a /
     * You can enable multiple database with this notation instead of a simple string :
     * $config['calibre_directory'] = array ("My database name" => "/home/directory/calibre1/", "My other database name" => "/home/directory/calibre2/");
     */
Old 04-05-2019, 07:16 PM   #1707
bennor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariosipad View Post
1. does cops work with a local (as on the Raspberry Pi) database?

2. did you end your path (in config_local.php) with a / ?
Yes to both. Here goes a rather long post. Below are some screen shots to illustrate things on my end. The end result is the COPS program works when either the Calibre/book folders are located on a USB drive attached to the Pi or when using CIFS network mapping to a NAS (WD My Cloud). Only when using NFS for network mapping does it fail for some reason. The current NFS fstab mount code looks like this (IP address blanked out):
Code:
XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:/nfs/Calibre /home/pi/wdmc_calibre nfs rw,hard,intr,noatime,norelatime,rsize=8192,wsize=8192,timeo=14 0 0
This is how the web page (both index.php and the hung checkconfig.php) look when the path is configured to use a network share that is mapped using NFS.

The config file showing the network share mapping.

The terminal window showing there are book files including the Calibre database files in that network share directory.

When the Calibre files are copied to a USB hard drive attached to the Raspberry Pi, COPS works as expected.

The Config file indicating the USB drive.

Old 04-05-2019, 07:30 PM   #1708
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Bennor
Please read the guidelines (link at the bottom of any page)
Images are limited to 600x600 (sect 9)
Please resize the images as they will soon be deleted as oversize.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 10:07 PM   #1709
bennor

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Bennor
Please read the guidelines (link at the bottom of any page)
Images are limited to 600x600 (sect 9)
Please resize the images as they will soon be deleted as oversize.
Got it. Thanks. Images resized to 600x600.
Old 04-06-2019, 01:08 PM   #1710
mariosipad
Guru

@bennor

1 - Good news, it can be done! I can open a calibre library in COPS shared on a NFS-share.
(Ok, not on a Pi, but on good old debian Jessie. However this is very similar to Raspbian.)

2. If it can be done and your COPS install works with a local library (I assume: yes) then it is a NFS problem and thus probably fixable.

I will study your great post in some detail an then report back.
[It's probably a rights problem. Give your NFS directory a chmod 777 (just for testing) and try angain.]

Question: what does your /etc/exports file on the server look like?

Last edited by mariosipad; 04-06-2019 at 01:14 PM. Reason: Added question

Tags
calibre opds, dns, kobo aura, synology