Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 09-15-2019, 08:26 AM   #1
ldmobi
Enthusiast
ldmobi began at the beginning.

Device: none
How to know if a book is epub2 or epub3

I'm trying to find a way to check which version of Epub is a book.

Ideally I would like to filter by pub version, but it would be very useful even just to inspect the pub version of a book.

Is there anything I can do to know the pub version?
ldmobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 09:11 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Open it in Edit book and then open the opf file the ackage version will be near the top of that.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 09:46 AM   #3
ldmobi
Enthusiast
ldmobi began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thanks!
ldmobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2022, 10:29 AM   #4
enuddleyarbl
Guru
enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Is there any way to filter on the epub version at the overall Calibre library page level? I'm slowly converting everything to epub3 and it would make things easier if I could filter out the books I've already done. The best I've been able to come up with is to set up a custom column and populate it as I go. But, something like format:epub3 would be convenient (edit: well, actually something to show NOT epub3 -- those are the ones I'd still have to do).

Last edited by enuddleyarbl; 07-17-2022 at 10:32 AM.
enuddleyarbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2022, 10:34 AM   #5
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveLessnau View Post
Is there any way to filter on the epub version at the overall Calibre library page level? I'm slowly converting everything to epub3 and it would make things easier if I could filter out the books I've already done. The best I've been able to come up with is to set up a custom column and populate it as I go. But, something like format:epub3 would be convenient.
There was a thread about this: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=347322.

I don't know if the OP tried it, and if so how well it worked.

Last edited by chaley; 07-17-2022 at 12:04 PM. Reason: Small typo
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2022, 12:01 PM   #6
Wiggo
Leftutti
Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, Kobo Libra 2
I’m not OP, but it helped

Quality check Plugin: Search EPUBS with search term version="3.0"

Last edited by Wiggo; 07-17-2022 at 12:01 PM. Reason: Typo
Wiggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2022, 01:43 PM   #7
enuddleyarbl
Guru
enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggo View Post
I’m not OP, but it helped

Quality check Plugin: Search EPUBS with search term version="3.0"
I even have that PI already installed. I had to select the "OPF Manifest" box to get it to find them, though. And, by searching for version="2.0", I can find the books I haven't converted yet.

Thanks.
Old 07-17-2022, 01:46 PM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveLessnau View Post
I even have that PI already installed. I had to select the "OPF Manifest" box to get it to find them, though. And, by searching for version="2.0", I can find the books I haven't converted yet.

Thanks.
Why do you want to convert ePub 2 to ePub 3? What do you get out of it?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2022, 03:07 PM   #9
enuddleyarbl
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Why do you want to convert ePub 2 to ePub 3? What do you get out of it?
I'm converting just for grins. It's not like I lose anything. And after 10 years or so since its adoption, I figured it's about time.
Old 07-17-2022, 03:17 PM   #10
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
For what it's worth, I have converted some epub2 books to epub3 to allow better use of accessibility features. The books are used with a voice reader program for visually impaired users which makes use of quite a few epub3 accessibility options such as using a <hr/> to give an audible indicator of a scene break. For me, it was a learning project, for the users, it made their listening experience a bit more enjoyable.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote