Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-09-2019, 03:56 AM   #661
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Thank you everybody for showing that you find KSM useful. Currently I do not feel like I will continue working on KSM any time soon. Maybe someday I will buy a newer Kobo model. This might incite me to adjust KSM a bit.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 02:41 PM   #662
Alan_S
Evangelist
Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura ONE
Thank you for still considering possibility of further development.

KSM is pretty perfect, at least for me. Only that with new devices it will need definitions for them, nothing else.
Alan_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 07:00 PM   #663
fitzhugh
fitzhugh can extract oil from cheesefitzhugh can extract oil from cheesefitzhugh can extract oil from cheesefitzhugh can extract oil from cheesefitzhugh can extract oil from cheesefitzhugh can extract oil from cheesefitzhugh can extract oil from cheesefitzhugh can extract oil from cheesefitzhugh can extract oil from cheese

Device: nook str
Huge thanks for the work. The install went perfectly using the info in the first post.
fitzhugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 08:08 PM   #664
embryo
Fanatic
embryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: Kobo Glo, GloHD
The thing is, that, since KSM always worked perfectly fine with my Glo, I never wrote to the KSM threads (except for some early experiments).

I believe that this could be the case for many other people too.
I know that this can be misunderstood as lack of interest, but for me at least it isn't.

I sure do appreciate the lack of bugs and the ease of use, and hope that until I buy a new reader the development of KSM would be restarted to support it.

Either way, thank you tshering for your software and your help.
embryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 02:39 PM   #665
Alan_S
Evangelist
Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura ONE
Just to add to what embryo said, many people just use KSM (and KSM "just works", i.e. it works great and there's no much need to complain about bugs) and don't write here. But, they use it.

It's thousands of people, as can be seen with first post of this thread, how many times KSM was downloaded. Also, there's some people who use older versions and don't need "latest and greatest", especially if they own older devices and there's no need for new versions of KSM with definitions for them.

So, it is pretty big following, KSM is very beloved software, people use it.

But, I understand that anyone like tshering can get a bit tired from something and wants a time off. Only thing I hope (and I'm not pushing, really I'm not) that development will be continued with time.
Alan_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 07:41 PM   #666
boriar
Evangelist
boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: bq Avant XL, Kobo Aura H2O, Onyx Boox M96C Plus
Same here.
I can't think use my kobo without KSM. For me it's a must and only a few times it failled doing his job. And in theses few cases you solved it perfectly. I have also tried to help in any situation where I had something useful to offer.
THAK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR TIME

Last edited by boriar; 08-10-2019 at 07:43 PM.
boriar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 02:43 AM   #667
bunglegrind
bunglegrind can extract oil from cheesebunglegrind can extract oil from cheesebunglegrind can extract oil from cheesebunglegrind can extract oil from cheesebunglegrind can extract oil from cheesebunglegrind can extract oil from cheesebunglegrind can extract oil from cheesebunglegrind can extract oil from cheesebunglegrind can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kobo Aura One
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by boriar View Post
Same here.
I can't think use my kobo without KSM. For me it's a must and only a few times it failled doing his job. And in theses few cases you solved it perfectly. I have also tried to help in any situation where I had something useful to offer.
THAK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR TIME
Completely agree! KSM + Koreader is the killing combo for my Kobo Aura One!

Thanks for this wonderful software tshering!
bunglegrind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 04:26 PM   #668
garcimak
garcimak can extract oil from cheesegarcimak can extract oil from cheesegarcimak can extract oil from cheesegarcimak can extract oil from cheesegarcimak can extract oil from cheesegarcimak can extract oil from cheesegarcimak can extract oil from cheesegarcimak can extract oil from cheesegarcimak can extract oil from cheese

Device: kobo glo/H2O2V2 (T_T)
Thank you tshering for your work on KSM, i'm still in hope it could be working on my new h2o2 as it would on my old glo.

Can it be set to show full menu by default ? not sure at the moment how,
i kinda don't need "toggle btw full and short menu" just like before.
garcimak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 05:05 AM   #669
Bookobo
Bookobo began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 - NST - Papyre 623 - Boox C67ML
Nickel doesn't detect new books added since I installed KSM + KOReader.
Bookobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 06:23 AM   #670
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garcimak View Post
Thank you tshering for your work on KSM, i'm still in hope it could be working on my new h2o2 as it would on my old glo.

Can it be set to show full menu by default ? not sure at the moment how,
i kinda don't need "toggle btw full and short menu" just like before.
In "configure", under the heading "[general]" select
Code:
surpressEntries=
Old 09-09-2019, 06:24 AM   #671
tshering
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookobo View Post
Nickel doesn't detect new books added since I installed KSM + KOReader.
You have to connect to the pc from within nickel to make nickel detect new books.
Old 09-24-2019, 05:06 AM   #672
tshering
Wizard

Changes in how recent firmwares treat dotfiles and dotfolders make it advisable to skip FW 4.17.13651, and to add

Code:
ExcludeSyncFolders=\\.(?!kobo|adobe).*?
under the section "[FeatureSettings]" in .kobo/Kobo/Kobo eReader.conf before installing FW 4.17.13694. Cf. https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...3&postcount=70.
Old 09-25-2019, 06:53 PM   #673
DevonHess
Can't actually read
DevonHess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DevonHess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DevonHess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DevonHess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DevonHess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DevonHess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DevonHess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DevonHess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DevonHess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DevonHess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DevonHess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kindle PW2
I'm hoping someone could help me. After about 5 days of working perfectly, KSM suddenly looks like this.
https://imgur.com/RWZBxhD
I have tried rebooting and reinstalling KSM but so far no luck.
I am using the kobo forma version, which I realize may not be fully supported.
Any troubleshooting help would be much appreciated.
DevonHess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 06:08 AM   #674
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
@DevonHess Did you accidentally run a firmware upgrade in the meantime?
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 07:32 AM   #675
DevonHess
Can't actually read
DevonHess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DevonHess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DevonHess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DevonHess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DevonHess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DevonHess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DevonHess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DevonHess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DevonHess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DevonHess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DevonHess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kindle PW2
Not that I'm aware of.
Everything functions properly, the font is the only thing corrupted it seems.
I'd like to try uninstalling KSM completely and then reinstalling, but I can't navigate the menus to do so since I don't know which option is which.
I also haven't tried factory resetting my Kobo, but I'm willing to if it might fix things.
Koreader, Plato, and vlasovsoft all display and work properly.
DevonHess is offline   Reply With Quote