Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 05-26-2007, 12:17 PM   #16
Xenophon
curmudgeon
Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, (ex)nook, (ex)PRS-700, (ex)PRS-500
It's ALMOST here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultim8fury
It's a project I kinda wanted to do myself but then it occurred to me that I hadn't written a line of code in 10 years and never written one on the Mac. So in the spirit of "If at first you don't succeed, pay some one else to do it". I'm offering a bounty for an application to mimic the Sony Connect software for Windows.

Definition:

Primary Goals:

Should be able to manage a sizable library of titles in differing formats.
Should be able to sync to the reader

Secondary wish list:

Import option to allow conversion to either BBeB or RTF of non-supported file types such as HTML or .lit

Would be nice to have:

Cover art browser like iTunes or delicious library.

My initial bounty offering is not huge but hopefully other Mac users out there will be willing to join in my request and up the ante.

So I'm offering £100 in the currency of your choice ( as long as paypal works in it. ) for a working product.

Thanks,
Kovidgoyal's libprs500 is just a hair short of your wish list. The main problems between its current state and a solid version are:
  • Lack of a standard Mac installer.
  • Some GUI issues that have to be debugged on an OS X Mac.

The problem is that kovid doesn't have a Mac, and doesn't have easy access to one. That leads me to a suggestion:

How 'bout we Mac users that want a solution for using the Reader with our systems kick in the $$$ (and pounds, and whatever) to buy a used Mac for kovid. $300-$400 buys a used Mac Mini on eBay, including shipping.

I'll start the ball rolling, with a pledge of $75. Anyone else?

If we get anywhere near enough pledges, we can figure out the logistics of collecting money and purchasing something.

Xenophon

P.S. I haven't discussed this idea with Kovid at all. I have no relation to him except as an (almost) satisfied user. I'm just way impressed with his responsiveness to the many bug reports I've filed, and have great hopes for the future of libprs500.
Xenophon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 12:21 PM   #17
Xenophon
curmudgeon
Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, (ex)nook, (ex)PRS-700, (ex)PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenophon
How 'bout we Mac users that want a solution for using the Reader with our systems kick in the $$$ (and pounds, and whatever) to buy a used Mac for kovid. $300-$400 buys a used Mac Mini on eBay, including shipping.
...and $579 buys a new one.
Xenophon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-26-2007, 01:25 PM   #18
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Well if you do manage to collect enough, I'll be happy to create a Mac installer and debug OSX specific problems. It'll be especially handy as I'm in the process of rewriting the GUI now.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote