Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 04-01-2009, 08:41 PM   #1
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
The Proud Texan Thread

After all the hoorah about Texans and maybe we should have our own thread, I made the mistake of lettin' Red look over my shoulder. He insisted I start a thread of, by and for Texans. Since I had too much beer anyway, here it is.

You can be a Texan, by birth, by immigration or by just accepting the culture, (or lack there of.) So break out a Lone Star, Pearl, Shiner, or a Railean Rum, and post away...

I'm headin' to watch The Alamo....
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 08:43 PM   #2
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Who knows the difference between a Yankee and a Damn Yankee?

A: The latter won't leave Texas.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-01-2009, 08:48 PM   #3
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Sir Edward View Post
After all the hoorah about Texans and maybe we should have our own thread, I made the mistake of lettin' Red look over my shoulder. He insisted I start a thread of, by and for Texans. Since I had too much beer anyway, here it is.

You can be a Texan, by birth, by immigration or by just accepting the culture, (or lack there of.) So break out a Lone Star, Pearl, Shiner, or a Railean Rum, and post away...

What if you don't want to be a Texan, but circumstances force you to be a Texan?? Is there a way out??
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 09:01 PM   #4
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:

Oh my goodness. Someday I must watch what I say.......
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 09:48 PM   #5
addicted2books
EBookaholic
addicted2books doesn't litteraddicted2books doesn't litteraddicted2books doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-505 (Red)
Question Is There a Way Out?

RickMaveety:

I can't claim Texas heritage but I do have a couple of cousins that have lived most of their lives in Texas.

In response your question, ' What if you don't want to be a Texan, but circumstances force you to be a Texan?? Is there a way out?? I think the answer probably runs along the lines of you either have to shot or sold to another state.
addicted2books is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-01-2009, 09:54 PM   #6
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Quote:
Originally Posted by addicted2books View Post
RickMaveety:

I can't claim Texas heritage but I do have a couple of cousins that have lived most of their lives in Texas.

In response your question, ' What if you don't want to be a Texan, but circumstances force you to be a Texan?? Is there a way out?? I think the answer probably runs along the lines of you either have to shot or sold to another state.
I'd go for being sold to another state, or even deported back to California. Shot? Not too keen on that one.
Old 04-01-2009, 09:57 PM   #7
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
I'd go for being sold to another state, or even deported back to California. Shot? Not too keen on that one.
Shot dead by a duck might be a loophole to get you out.

WDE.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 09:59 PM   #8
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdogeared View Post
Shot dead by a duck might be a loophole to get you out.

WDE.
Oh ... yes .... if I'm already dead, then I guess it doesn't matter if they shoot me. I like that idea.
Old 04-01-2009, 10:50 PM   #9
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
What if you don't want to be a Texan, but circumstances force you to be a Texan?? Is there a way out??
Logically speaking, you would have to change your circumstance. The rest would then naturally follow.....
Old 04-01-2009, 10:53 PM   #10
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!

Quote:
Logically speaking, you would have to change your circumstance. The rest would then naturally follow.....
Which takes me back to either being deported or shot. Great.
Old 04-01-2009, 11:00 PM   #11
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Which takes me back to either being deported or shot. Great.

Nonsense, fair lady, you could always leave by you own choice. We don't have any fences keeping people in....
Old 04-01-2009, 11:26 PM   #12
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!

Quote:
Nonsense, fair lady, you could always leave by you own choice. We don't have any fences keeping people in....
Sigh ... if only I could, RSE. If only I could ....
Old 04-02-2009, 03:05 AM   #13
Ajax
Addict
Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4 Touch, Kindle Fire, HP Touchpad
Born and raised in Fort Worth, and after living a few years in Iowa (the land of corn and soybean fields and bars, bars, and more bars) I couldn't wait to get back here.
Ajax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 06:51 AM   #14
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
I'm a 4th generation Texan by birth. That was followed by an early emigration and a much later reimmigration. I've lived here fairly comfortably for the past 22 years. But I don't feel like what I think some imagine a "true Texan" is supposed to feel. It's just a place to live like any other - a mix of the good and the bad and nothing extraordinary as far as I can sense. If my job went elsewhere, I'm sure I'd go with it.

I should add that, as a kid, I moved every year or two and so never grew an attachment for any particular place. I rather envy those who have - whether for Texas or somewhere else.

Quote:
You are? Does it move or something?

Last edited by vivaldirules; 04-02-2009 at 07:05 AM.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 07:07 AM   #15
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
I suppose (and hope) that that dog NatCh will be posting here. Did you know that some Texans are dogs?
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote