Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 03-28-2009, 02:12 AM   #1
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Cant read eBooks on eReader

Hi all,
Has anybody gotten any luck reading user loaded eReader files to their BlackBerry Storm or BlackBerry device. From the FAQ all one has to do is copy the file over to the correct directory on the BB and the application should load the eBook. Yet I cannot see the book

When I start the eReader application on the blackberry I get an error message

"Error synchronizing the book list with the filesystem"

Any suggestions

Thank you in Advance,
=X=

Last edited by =X=; 03-29-2009 at 05:58 PM.
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 08:14 AM   #2
All4Fun
Zealot
All4Fun has learned how to read e-booksAll4Fun has learned how to read e-booksAll4Fun has learned how to read e-booksAll4Fun has learned how to read e-booksAll4Fun has learned how to read e-booksAll4Fun has learned how to read e-booksAll4Fun has learned how to read e-booksAll4Fun has learned how to read e-books

Device: iPad, Blackberry Bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
Hi all,
Has anybody gotten any luck reading user loaded eReader files to their BlackBerry Storm or BlackBerry device. From the FAQ all one has to do is copy the file over to the correct directory on the BB and the application should load the eBook. Yet I cannot see the book

When I start the eReader application on the blackberry I get an error message

"Error synchronizing the book list with the filesystem"

Any suggestions

Thank you in Advance,
=X=
I'm just bumping into this post now. I have a Blackberry Bold and am able to read eReader ebooks by copying them to the "SDCard/eReader" folder and read them with the eReader software.

My experience is that you won't be able to start (or use) the eReader application while the blackberry is USB connected to the computer. Your error might be the result of that.
All4Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-06-2009, 09:21 AM   #3
pking36330
FT Parent PT Reader
pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Shocked by how much I've read on an iPod Touch received as a gift!
Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
Hi all,
Has anybody gotten any luck reading user loaded eReader files to their BlackBerry Storm or BlackBerry device.
=X=
=X=,
Sorry it took me so long to reply, I missed this thread when you entered it and you were quite helpful to me in another.

I do have eReader installed on my T-Mobile 8800 and have successfully downloaded and opened free and for-fee books from Fictionwise. I have not copied a file to the SD card yet, I'll try that and report. I've also downloaded and installed the eReader Windows software on my home PC and successfully downloaded and opened the same files on my Bb.

I haven't experienced the error you report so I'm useless in explaining what you should do to correct it, all I can report is success on my set-up.
pking36330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 02:19 PM   #4
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
@All4Fun & pking36330

Thanks for the reply. I eventually found the problems.

The eReader software does not handle some characters in the filename. I tend to store my books with the filename below.

Code:
Lastname, Firstname - Book Title.pdb

After I renamed my files to

Code:
Lastname_BookTitle.pdb
it seemed to work. I'm not sure if it's the comma, dash, or space the causes the eReader client to break.

The second problem is that eReader books from manybooks do not seem to work on the storm, I'm not sure why since the PDB books work with their desktop client.

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote