Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 10-26-2008, 08:41 PM   #1
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Are you a Cat or Dog person?

I love cats. I love their independence, soft fur, purring, cuddling (when they feel like it), rough tongues, and the feeling that I have another intelligent species in the house. They are clean, and scooping out a catbox is not a problem for me. My cats never leave the house, because its dangerous for them, and rude to the neighbors.

That being said, I am NOT a dog person. I don't hate them, just don't like them.

I know some people here (RM!) are both. Which are you?
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 08:42 PM   #2
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Duck of course! I also love the doggies.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-26-2008, 08:56 PM   #3
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
I like dogs, but I'm definitely a cat person. We've been without any cats for just over a year though because we still can't bring ourselves to get any more just yet. Athough we were very tempted by 4 Norwegian Forest kittens...
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 09:00 PM   #4
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Definitely a cat person. I'm always a bit cautious with dogs until I'm sure that they aren't going to bite. I like the way that cats are independent. I've nothing against ducks, though don't know very many.

PS There were two identical versions of this thread desertgrandma, and so I removed the duplicate. I hope that you don't mind.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 09:05 PM   #5
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
I used to be deathly afraid of dogs. (I saw a friend mauled and killed by a dog when I was young ... never really got over it.) However, when I got my sweet doggie girls, I became a serious dog lover.

I have always loved cats. Growing up with asthma, however, meant that I sometimes had problems around the family pets. However, at some point, I found myself as an adult with one cat, and then it was two ... and now it's twenty. Hooray for Benedryl.

So, yeah .... I guess it means I am a "both" ...
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-26-2008, 09:15 PM   #6
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
i prefer cats for the same reasons as patricia (i make an exception for vr). plus dogs are always so licky and i really hate that (don't drool on me !). but i once saw one of those small white dogs with brown spots (i'm not sure what kind of dog it is) doing jumps like a circus dog ; i enjoyed watching it from afar. i admit to having a fondness for squirrels, the little garden vandals... and raccoons... and i like watching ducks on the canal.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 09:31 PM   #7
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
Definitely a cat person. I'm always a bit cautious with dogs until I'm sure that they aren't going to bite. I like the way that cats are independent. I've nothing against ducks, though don't know very many.

PS There were two identical versions of this thread desertgrandma, and so I removed the duplicate. I hope that you don't mind.
Thank you, Patricia. I tried to be 'cute' and edit the post to add the duck for Daffy.......didn't work.
Old 10-26-2008, 09:34 PM   #8
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Thank you, Patricia. I tried to be 'cute' and edit the post to add the duck for Daffy.......didn't work.
Aww thanks, but if I were to really tell the truth, the only duck I like is Daffy. I eat duck. I'm really into whales. Humpback whales in particular but not as pets!
Old 10-26-2008, 09:35 PM   #9
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
I love duck, especially with dressing. Never tried cat or dog.

Seriously it depends on the cat or dog. We had a wonderful cat matriarch when i was growing up. Her name was Thistle and she earned it frequently. She ruled our farm. She was a real person.

Had a dog named Bubba (full name was Alley Bubba - if you get the connection). He also was a real person. But just like most people, most cats and most dogs are just animals taking up space. Many people probably think that of me.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 09:40 PM   #10
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayda View Post

Seriously it depends on the cat or dog. We had a wonderful cat matriarch when i was growing up. Her name was Thistle and she earned it frequently. She ruled our farm. She was a real person.

Had a dog named Bubba (full name was Alley Bubba - if you get the connection). He also was a real person. But just like most people, most cats and most dogs are just animals taking up space. Many people probably think that of me.
All of my furry kids are real people. Most of them are more real than a lot of the people I know.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 09:48 PM   #11
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayda View Post

Man, I don't want to be around when the duck reads this. You may be taking way less space in the near future

Good point about people/animals taking up space.
Old 10-26-2008, 10:16 PM   #12
AlexC
Connoisseur
AlexC will become famous soon enoughAlexC will become famous soon enoughAlexC will become famous soon enoughAlexC will become famous soon enoughAlexC will become famous soon enoughAlexC will become famous soon enoughAlexC will become famous soon enough

Device: Apple iPad; iRex iLiad
Rat for the win!

AlexC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 10:44 PM   #13
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I would say I'm a "dog-person", but up until last year I've nearly always had a cat in the house (two of my own - Connie, then Homer - both of whom we referred to as our "substitute dogs", having adopted them when we didn't think our living-space could fit a dog). I wouldn't have a cat where we currently live, so close to the National Park, due to concerns with vulnerable wildlife (turkeys, other birds, marsupials, lizards), but I'd otherwise not have been averse to always having a cat (Homer was...is a brilliantly affectionate fella. We left him with neighbours in Sydney, for the above "wildlife" reason).

I'd like a rat, or rats, but our terriers and rats would not be a very workable combination. Alternatively, I'd love to know enough about reptiles and be licensed to be the wildlife rescue foster for injured locals.

My ideal pet-loving setup is some small property in the hinterland, three dogs (two Airedale Terriers and probably a Westie), a donkey, a cow, chickens, and a rescue reptile house.

Cheers,
Marc (...and the Loved One would have aquariums everywhere in the house)
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 10:50 PM   #14
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
A rabbit person.

When I was growing up and before I married I had a dogs (never cats.) Since then rabbits. Then again, rabbits are not good at Frisbee.

RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 10:54 PM   #15
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post
A rabbit person.

When I was growing up and before I married I had a dogs (never cats.) Since then rabbits. Then again, rabbits are not good at Frisbee.
A few weeks ago I was a home where the owners had a dog and a rabbit. The rabbit was the Alpha of the pair because he would chase the dog around the back yard. It was hilarious!