Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-31-2016, 12:33 AM   #1
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
US Order from Chapters Indigo-Shipping Information Question

For those of you who live in the U.S. and ordered a Kobo from Chapters Indigo, what kind of shipment tracking information did you receive?

My husband ordered a Kobo Aura One for me as a Christmas present. (Yay!) According to the tracking information he's received so far it was shipped on 12/23 and has been transferred from Canadian Post to the US Postal Service with an estimated delivery date of today. No updates have been posted since the package was transferred to the USPS--just wondering if this is normal.

It didn't show up today, and I'm anxious to get it!

Thanks for any info!
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2016, 10:12 AM   #2
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
If you haven't been doing so, at this point since it's been handed over to the USPS use your tracking # on their site (rather than the Canada Post site) and you should be able to continue tracking.

Hope it's worth the wait for you! I love my KA1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dordale View Post
For those of you who live in the U.S. and ordered a Kobo from Chapters Indigo, what kind of shipment tracking information did you receive?

My husband ordered a Kobo Aura One for me as a Christmas present. (Yay!) According to the tracking information he's received so far it was shipped on 12/23 and has been transferred from Canadian Post to the US Postal Service with an estimated delivery date of today. No updates have been posted since the package was transferred to the USPS--just wondering if this is normal.

It didn't show up today, and I'm anxious to get it!

Thanks for any info!
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-31-2016, 11:19 AM   #3
cerem0ny
Evangelist
cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra Colour
Welcome to late december postal service, you must be new here :P
cerem0ny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2016, 01:14 PM   #4
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks robko--should have thought to do that myself! Just had my husband recheck tracking info and in actuality, the Canadian website just shows the package being accepted into their system--doesn't even indicate it was ever handed over to the USPS. So, my Aura One is and has been somewhere between Ontario and California since 12/23. If I don't see some activity soon, gonna have to get a hold of Chapters and see if they can get more information on their end.
Old 12-31-2016, 02:05 PM   #5
dmapr
Evangelist
dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Aura One
In my experience with international shipments being delivered by the USPS there was always at least a 1-2 day gap between the shipment being handed over to USPS by the original sender service and USPS showing the actual activity on their end, but I've never had it during the Christmas season, so it could be higher. I also don't know at which point it actually goes through customs. I would give USPS until January 3 to update their site, if nothing happens by then I'd start making noise.
dmapr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-31-2016, 02:21 PM   #6
dordale
Wizard

dmapr--good advise and what I was thinking as well. But, on the other hand, I'm anxious to have my Aura One in hand. I do have a lovely Kindle Voyage and a very nice Aura HD--but I also have "gadgetitis"!
Old 01-01-2017, 12:44 AM   #7
dmapr
Evangelist
dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Aura One
@dordale — believe me, I know how you feel Good luck and hopefully you'll hold your Aura One soon!
dmapr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 09:44 AM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I ordered my H2O from Chapters and I had no issues with getting it. I did have to call Chapters customer service as I did not get a tracking number. But that wasn't a problem at all. The person on the phone said I didn't get a tracking number because of the way it was ordered on the site. I was given a tracking number and was able to track the delivery including once it was handed over to USPS.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 07:10 PM   #9
dordale
Wizard

Still no updates from the Canadian Post/USPS--I have a feeling that my Aura One is lost somewhere in route (as no updates since the acceptance scan in the system) If I don't see an update either tomorrow or the next day, I'll have my husband get a hold of Chapters to see if there is anything they can do on their end.
Old 01-02-2017, 07:20 PM   #10
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Today was a federal holiday. I'd give it three or four more days. Mail is super slow right now.

I had a package arrive four days past the date. I thought New Jersey ate it. The tracking never updated till it was out for delivery.

Sent from my XT1528
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 08:13 PM   #11
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Today was a federal holiday. I'd give it three or four more days. Mail is super slow right now.

I had a package arrive four days past the date. I thought New Jersey ate it. The tracking never updated till it was out for delivery.

Sent from my XT1528
We received Mail today!

OP this is why I got my Kobo Off eBay... And Picked a USA person on near my area.
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 08:24 PM   #12
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Very strange Katie. Your mail carrier must have decided to get a head start.

All banks, post offices were closed today. Local Restaurants ran out of foods because no shipments came in due to the holiday.

Sent from my XT1528
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 08:34 PM   #13
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
We had UPS FedEx & 2 USPS trucks in here today! & a USPS jeep do a a U turn!!
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 09:17 PM   #14
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
I've ordered 4 times from Chapters to the US now. Most times the orders arrived within 2-3 days max to Chicago. I've been very happy with ordering from Chapters.

There was one major US PO screwup though, where they said the package wasn't deliverable to that address, but they had it in a wrong zipcode and sent it back without any markings on the package about returning it to the sender. I called Chapters at this point and they immediately sent out another one which arrived on the usual 2-3 day schedule, no questions asked, their Customer Service was fantastic through it all.

In the meantime, when the returned package hit the CA PO, they sent it back to Chicago, since the US PO put no markings on it at all about it being returned. It finally arrived to me about a week after the replacement was received.

Since this had been such a mess (and through no fault of Chapters at all, their address label was perfectly correct and not even marred in any way to have even one number unreadable), I called Chapters and offered to buy it if they could still sell it to me at the sale price to avoid the hassles of sending it back, they having to handle it yet again, and they agreed. With the current exchange rate my total bill for each reader was $78 and some change USD for me, and that included the delivery charge. It was a special they had, plus another 10% off if you used VISA Checkout.

So I was very happy with Chapters' Customer Service, and even happier that I have 2 spares since it was discontinued and I love the Glo HD.

If anything goes wrong with the shipment, call Chapters, they will make it right.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 11:18 PM   #15
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
I'd give it a few more days. While it seems like it's been forever, it's actually only been 3 working days (depending what time it actually got in their hands on the 23rd). 24th was Saturday, 25th a Sunday, 26th was boxing day (which is a stat holiday in Canada), 27th would be holiday in lieu of Christmas day (since it was on a Sunday). That left the 28th, 29th and 30th. And the 2nd was a holiday in lieu of New Years on the Sunday. Canada Post doesn't work weekends. Both they and possibly customs could be working with somewhat smaller staff due to the holidays too.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote