Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-14-2016, 04:08 PM   #61
Zaroff
Connoisseur
Zaroff is faster than slow light.Zaroff is faster than slow light.Zaroff is faster than slow light.Zaroff is faster than slow light.Zaroff is faster than slow light.Zaroff is faster than slow light.Zaroff is faster than slow light.Zaroff is faster than slow light.Zaroff is faster than slow light.Zaroff is faster than slow light.Zaroff is faster than slow light.

Device: Kobo Aura One
They ARE responsive, I can confirm that. Now, are they helpful, is really another story...
Zaroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 10:12 PM   #62
sladflob
Connoisseur
sladflob began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by meeera View Post
If you bought it from an Australian store and they're out of stock and can't issue a replacement, they owe you a full refund. This is surely a much better option than paying to post it overseas.
Yes definitely, and they will give me a refund but I really like the unit otherwise and am still hoping to get a "good one". Apparently I have 30 days to return it for exchange or refund, and they will probably get new stock during this time, but I'm going overseas in a couple of weeks so wanted to explore my options of getting a replacement before I leave. If the retailer hasn't got new stock before I go then I will probably go for the refund and see if the new batches are any better when I return.
sladflob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-15-2016, 10:55 PM   #63
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by sladflob View Post
Yes definitely, and they will give me a refund but I really like the unit otherwise and am still hoping to get a "good one". Apparently I have 30 days to return it for exchange or refund, and they will probably get new stock during this time, but I'm going overseas in a couple of weeks so wanted to explore my options of getting a replacement before I leave. If the retailer hasn't got new stock before I go then I will probably go for the refund and see if the new batches are any better when I return.
Did you buy it at JB? They seem to only have stock at Campbelltown right now. Are you anywhere near there? A&R and Myer sites suggest it is in stock, so that might be another possibility.

Last edited by meeera; 10-15-2016 at 10:58 PM.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 11:39 PM   #64
challe232
Connoisseur
challe232 is less competitive than you.challe232 is less competitive than you.challe232 is less competitive than you.challe232 is less competitive than you.challe232 is less competitive than you.challe232 is less competitive than you.challe232 is less competitive than you.challe232 is less competitive than you.challe232 is less competitive than you.challe232 is less competitive than you.challe232 is less competitive than you.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Has anyone gotten a replacement through Kobo? I am going through replacement process and have heard bad stories so im not sure what to expect. I don't want to exchange another time at best buy looking bad because both units have issues.
challe232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 04:08 AM   #65
piratepanda
Connoisseur
piratepanda has a spectacular aura aboutpiratepanda has a spectacular aura aboutpiratepanda has a spectacular aura aboutpiratepanda has a spectacular aura aboutpiratepanda has a spectacular aura aboutpiratepanda has a spectacular aura aboutpiratepanda has a spectacular aura aboutpiratepanda has a spectacular aura aboutpiratepanda has a spectacular aura aboutpiratepanda has a spectacular aura aboutpiratepanda has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura One
I sent them my adress two weeks ago and so far haven't heard back from them even after asking twice now...
piratepanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-16-2016, 11:05 AM   #66
challe232
Connoisseur
challe232 is less competitive than you.challe232 is less competitive than you.challe232 is less competitive than you.challe232 is less competitive than you.challe232 is less competitive than you.challe232 is less competitive than you.challe232 is less competitive than you.challe232 is less competitive than you.challe232 is less competitive than you.challe232 is less competitive than you.challe232 is less competitive than you.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by piratepanda View Post
I sent them my adress two weeks ago and so far haven't heard back from them even after asking twice now...
Serioisly? Wow that's terrible.. thats a long time. I've heard nothing but bad things. Usually I don't have issues. They are bad at fixing things like my double charges, deleting my subscription on me and not getting it back etc. I've had some things happen. But nothing due to the reader itself
challe232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 09:41 PM   #67
ottdmk
Wizard
ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Lenovo Tab M10 FHD Plus, Lenovo Tab M8 HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by challe232 View Post
Has anyone gotten a replacement through Kobo? I am going through replacement process and have heard bad stories so im not sure what to expect. I don't want to exchange another time at best buy looking bad because both units have issues.
I replaced my original Aura HD through the warranty process because it stopped charging. It took roughly five days, iirc. It was pretty painless.
ottdmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 09:13 PM   #68
sladflob
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by meeera View Post
Did you buy it at JB? They seem to only have stock at Campbelltown right now. Are you anywhere near there? A&R and Myer sites suggest it is in stock, so that might be another possibility.
Yes, JB. I'm in Perth so unfortunately a bit far from Campbelltown! My closest store has one on order but don't know when it is arriving. They said to call periodically and check as they don't do orders for specific clients (!) and can't call me. Not sure that we have an A&R in Perth anymore, and Myer can be a bit painful to deal with. So I'll sit tight and keep polling JB.

Just so that this post isn't too off-topic, it has now been FIVE days since I heard anything more from Kobo about exchanging my device. Maybe it's because I gave them a mouthful about how appalling I have been finding their customer service. It's experiences like this that make me want to return the thing and never deal with them again.
Old 10-18-2016, 10:34 PM   #69
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by sladflob View Post
Yes, JB. I'm in Perth so unfortunately a bit far from Campbelltown! My closest store has one on order but don't know when it is arriving. They said to call periodically and check as they don't do orders for specific clients (!) and can't call me. Not sure that we have an A&R in Perth anymore, and Myer can be a bit painful to deal with. So I'll sit tight and keep polling JB.
But they do do orders for people. I had a look at the demo Aura ONE in the JB HiFi near were I worked. They didn't have any in stock but did have some on order. They offered to keep one for me when they came in. And they have brought products over from other stores in the past.
Quote:
Just so that this post isn't too off-topic, it has now been FIVE days since I heard anything more from Kobo about exchanging my device. Maybe it's because I gave them a mouthful about how appalling I have been finding their customer service. It's experiences like this that make me want to return the thing and never deal with them again.
Legally, Kobo can probably ignore you. Under the Australian laws, the deal is between you and the retailer. Strictly, Kobo aren't involved and stepping in could break their contract with the retailer. Of course, they should respond even if it is just a "sorry, you need to talk to the retailer" message.

Plus, the statement above about the 30 days for exchange or refund is not correct. The consumer law give you a lot longer. The 30 days seems to be their "changed my mind" time limit if you haven't opened the product. But for a faulty product, it is longer. They outline what they do in https://www.jbhifi.com.au/Documents/...4_HR_02_v3.pdf. That says three months refund/replacement with no argument and 12 months were they want to repair the product.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 11:53 PM   #70
sladflob
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
But they do do orders for people.
Interesting. I had a feeling the guy couldn't really be bothered talking about this. I've also read on other forums of people ordering phones from them and being called when they arrive.

Quote:
Legally, Kobo can probably ignore you.... Of course, they should respond even if it is just a "sorry, you need to talk to the retailer" message.
Indeed. I did ask them whether I should just return it to the shop and they said no, they would sort it out. Anyway, I've decided I'm not going to deal with them any more.

Quote:
Plus, the statement above about the 30 days for exchange or refund is not correct.
Wow, that's great to know, thanks. Just seems to reinforce that the guy I spoke to didn't know what he was talking about. I might call them again to verify this and if it's true I'll hang onto the device until they get more stock in, even if it's after our holiday.
Old 10-19-2016, 10:06 AM   #71
Willa
Davidfor's friend 😊
Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libra 2
Quote:
I had a look at the demo Aura ONE in the JB HiFi near were I worked.
Oooh - was there a problem when you tried to leave with it? I notice you used the phrase 'where I WORKED' - past tense, was the arrest the final straw?!

Quote:
They offered to keep one for me when they came in.
Did you smile winsomely
Willa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 06:58 PM   #72
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willa View Post
Oooh - was there a problem when you tried to leave with it? I notice you used the phrase 'where I WORKED' - past tense, was the arrest the final straw?!
Shhh, were trying not keep it quiet until the court case

Quote:
Did you smile winsomely
Two responses come to mind:

- He wasn't my type.
- Are you trying to get me into trouble?

(And just to be clear, in case the Wicked Willa has put things into peoples minds: I mean the shop nearest the place that I work rather than the shop nearest to the place that I live.)
Old 10-19-2016, 07:41 PM   #73
Willa
Davidfor's friend 😊
Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libra 2
Quote:
Shhh, were trying not keep it quiet until the court case
OK - won't say a word Will be your character witness - and brush up on my various smiles for the day!

Quote:
Two responses come to mind:

- He wasn't my type.
- Are you trying to get me into trouble?
-
- Moi?

Quote:
(And just to be clear, in case the Wicked Willa has put things into peoples minds: I mean the shop nearest the place that I work rather than the shop nearest to the place that I live.)
Wicked Willa? I love a bit of alliteration Dear David
Willa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 08:27 PM   #74
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willa View Post
Wicked Willa? I love a bit of alliteration Dear David
I thought you would
Old 11-16-2016, 12:46 PM   #75
Zen-Diego
Zen-Diego is on a distinguished road

Device: various Sonys then Kindles; currently Kindle Oasis
Just an update a month on for anyone interested in my Kobo/Rakuten frustration...

I contacted Kobo through Facebook as recommended here, and they sent a "sorry" email and asked for my Kobo account address so they could give me a token courtesy store credit.

A+ for appropriate response, but FAIL as I still have not received any further communication from Kobo about my RMA... and they didn't follow through and provide a courtesy store credit. I replied back via Facebook and FB shows that they read the message, but didn't bother responding. I forwarded my original correspondence to their escalation email, and again no one responded.

I've had my credit card company do a chargeback of the original invoice amount to them as an unresolved merchant dispute, so I have my money back. Wonder if that will get their attention? At this point, whatever. I'll stick with Amazon's stellar service and the much better Kindle UI & responsiveness. I like the larger screen and all screened electronics should move towards twighlight lighting, but those don't provide enough value to offset their miserable unresponsiveness/unhelpfulness.
Of course, YMMV.
Zen-Diego is offline   Reply With Quote