Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-08-2008, 04:54 PM   #46
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
dammit. now i want chocolate, and i'm pretty sure i don't have any more.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 04:55 PM   #47
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
ok, these are clearly just a completely different animal, and should not be compared to altoids (positively or negatively). you could compare them to after eight mints i suppose ; i like those as well, but they're really not at all the same thing as altoids.

(they still have a silly name though).
after eights aren't even in the same general reality stream as Frangos.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-08-2008, 05:03 PM   #48
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
This describes them: If hot Krispy Kremes came as cool chocolate candies.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 05:04 PM   #49
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
after eights aren't even in the same general reality stream as Frangos.
well, i can't really respond to that, obviously, but i'm willing to bet they're significantly closer than altoids... that's like comparing after eights to... um... lindor chocolate squares (or something). they both have chocolate in them, but the similarities end there.
Old 07-08-2008, 05:05 PM   #50
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
This describes them: If hot Krispy Kremes came as cool chocolate candies.
i don't understand that comparison at all. what's a krispy kreme ?
Advert
Old 07-08-2008, 05:09 PM   #51
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Darned French, no culture at all.

Look it up, you poor pathetic Frank, and see what you're missing. It's another thing you have to eat a half boxful in the car on the way home.
Old 07-08-2008, 05:21 PM   #52
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Fried heaven

Quote:
i don't understand that comparison at all. what's a krispy kreme ?
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 05:22 PM   #53
DixieGal
Hi There!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ervserver View Post
Fried heaven
See! Erv knows!
Old 07-08-2008, 05:25 PM   #54
pshrynk
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
See! Erv knows!
Erv is another of that superior species known as Iowans.
Old 07-08-2008, 05:26 PM   #55
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Darned French, no culture at all.

Look it up, you poor pathetic Frank, and see what you're missing. It's another thing you have to eat a half boxful in the car on the way home.
all right, there's no need to call names. i looked it up. it's a doughnut, which is what i thought it was. the comparison with mints confused me. of course, now that i *know* it's a doughnut, i'm even more confused. how on earth is a doughtnut like a chewy chocolate-coated mint candy ??? other than that they're both sweet... that's like saying, wow, altoids are like a freshly washed silver ghost !
Old 07-08-2008, 05:27 PM   #56
pshrynk

Quote:
all right, there's no need to call names. i looked it up. it's a doughnut, which is what i thought it was. the comparison with mints confused me. of course, now that i *know* it's a doughnut, i'm even more confused. how on earth is a doughtnut like a chewy chocolate-coated mint candy ??? other than that they're both sweet... that's like saying, wow, altoids are like a freshly washed silver ghost !
The Krispy Kreme is the Frango Mint of donuts, just as the Frango Mint is the Krispy Kreme of the chocolate mint. Not sure how that's confusing.
Old 07-08-2008, 05:33 PM   #57
DixieGal
Hi There!

Poor ZP! So deprived!! Since this started out as a thread about vacations, then you should come visit. I'll feed you up good. I fry a good green tomato - none of that "breading," just self-rising flour and lots of salt and pepper, fried up crispy in hot grease in an iron skillet.

Then we could take a ride to the Krispy Kreme store for dessert!
Old 07-08-2008, 05:37 PM   #58
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
The Krispy Kreme is the Frango Mint of donuts, just as the Frango Mint is the Krispy Kreme of the chocolate mint. Not sure how that's confusing.
yeah ok. you lot go on and eat your strange mint-covered doughnuts, and unripe tomatoes. i will just stick to my fresh beignets from the boulangerie, and altoids when i feel like a mint, and i'll eat my lindor by myself, and i'll take my tomates en grappe nice and red, thanks. and possibly for dinner tomorrow i'll make crèpes.
Old 07-08-2008, 05:39 PM   #59
pshrynk

Quote:
yeah ok. you lot go on and eat your strange mint-covered doughnuts, and unripe tomatoes. i will just stick to my fresh beignets from the boulangerie, and altoids when i feel like a mint, and i'll eat my lindor by myself, and i'll take my tomates en grappe nice and red, thanks. and possibly for dinner tomorrow i'll make crèpes.
Krispy Kremes are the Beignets of american donuts. Extrapolate from there for chocomints.
Old 07-08-2008, 05:43 PM   #60
DixieGal
Hi There!

Quote:
Oh yummy! Make sure to use a dirty crepe pan to get the yummy crunchy bits! Seriously, burned on pancake bits with chocolate and bananas is sooo good!

Tags
clouds of enlightenment